Tuesday 2 April 2013

Collection: MAC, Missha, Skin Food and More!


Shopping in Seoul - so much fun!!!  Love the department stores, love the road shops... even just window shopping is amazing.  So far, most of my purchases have been cosmetics based, but I did buy some lounge pants and an infinity scarf from UNIQLO.  The cosmetics are probably a bit more interesting at this point.  



From the Hyundai Department Store in Samseong-dong, I bought a couple of MAC products.  I saved around $15 buying it here.  The lipstick is a cremesheen in Ravishing, which will be a nice colour for when I get to Perth for Autumn.  I also got another blot powder.  I will probably go back for a couple more lipsticks before I leave.  I like that in the department store, they give you a choice of paying in won, or your native currency, when paying by credit card.  Nifty.


Some reading to do on those longer train trips.  The larger bookstores have an amazing array of English books, at good prices.  The variety isn't as great of course, but they do have the best sellers, and classics.


To join my tiny souvenir collection of stuffed animals from animal parks - he's actually a puppet!

From More Than Beauty, I bought my first CC cream.  The lady at the counter said the pact was a better choice, and it comes with a refill.  This particular CC Cream is from Isa Knox.  A bit more expensive than your road shop brands, but still quite reasonable I feel.  The SPF 50 is good too.  Only one colour, so I don't know how the international market will be... 

\

Also, some Clio gel liners.  I think I have found my new favourite!  With former face Lee Hyori, and current face Sandara Park.  Very creamy, glides on smoothly.  And retractable!  I find having to sharpen eyeliners a very annoying task.  So that's a bonus.  The colours I got were 7 Golden Black and 15 Bloody Devil.  


Teeny tiny swatches - 7 Golden Black is black with gold glitters.  I don't really like black black eyeliners, as it can sometimes give me too strong of a look.  But with grey, or blacks with a little extra something, its not so bad.  15 Bloody Devil is one of the newer colours I believe, which is why Sandara is on the packaging.   I've been really liking deep red/wine coloured eyeliners lately and this is a beautiful one.  


From Nature Republic, two products.  Skin care, not beauty related.  But you have to get your foundations right first, yes?


Aritaum - Modi Nails.  From left to right, 2 Honey Beige, S034 Blue Cinnamon, and a quick dry top coat.  I really like these polishes.  I've worn Blue Cinnamon for the past 3 days now, and no chipping!  Granted, since I'm on holiday, I'm not doing any great labouring, but still.  I think they were around 2000W each (I can't be bothered getting my receipt book).  Honey beige is currently on my toes, and is a nice creamy nude colour.  Blue Cinnamon is on my fingers, a slight pastel blue tint to the polish and tiny turquoise glitters.  On me, they look like tiny speckled bird eggs, or sugared almonds.  The top coat does the job well, and I'll definitely be picking up more bottles - replacing the OPI.  I like changing my nail colour pretty often, so the price point is a huge factor.  I think the polishes will make cute gifts for friends as well!


(excuse the terrible state of my cuticles - its a bit cold)



Skin Food!  At this point, I really needed a cleansing oil, nail polish remover and foaming cleanser.  This was the first place I went into.  Lucky them!  We have: Aloe Vera Foaming Cleanser, Grapefruit Nail Polish Remover, Black Sugar Cleansing Oil, and Carrot Sun Cream.


Happy with all my purchases so far.  Will do more today!





No comments:

Post a Comment