Sunday 26 January 2014

Collection: 2014 Pink Pink Pink with NARS AND DIOR

\
I think, ever since my trip to Seoul, spring will remind me off this colour - pink.  As it should.  So, as the northern hemisphere will slowly move into spring, it seems fitting that some of the latest offerings are in the lovely pink spectrum.  I'm still sitting in summer heat, so I feel that I can still make great use out of these colours.  Yesterday, I made my way out to Claremont and out of some very sweet talking by the sales staff, I finally made the purchases I had been pondering for the past couple of weeks.


Let us start with NARS.  I really fell for this brand in 2013, and I feel that the new year will only increase my love.  I picked up two blushes from the recent Final Cut Collection.  They were sold out in the city, and my local Mecca, but they still had a few available in Claremont.  I picked up Sex Fantasy (oh, NARS and their names), as well as New Attitude.


Here is Sex Fantasy - a kind of lavender pink?  I don't think I have a colour like it in my blush collection.  I like the subtle pink tone, and I think it will work in the cooler months as well.  


This is New Attitude - described as a cherry blossom pink.  At first I thought it was going to be like MAC's Royal Sunset, but its a bit more of a brighter pink in comparison.  


Swatches - despite my efforts to avoid the sun, I am a bit darker, and for me, that means turning a bit yellower, and then browner.  I had also liked Final Cut, which is the peachy colour of the bunch, but I think I have enough peachy blushes for the time being.  


DIOR!  Originally, I only wanted to try the famous Lip Glow, but the sales lady was just so nice and helpful... I bought 3 things and got a free gift and samples.  Some of the sales staff in Perth really need to take notes.  Say the right thing, and people will open their pockets.


So, this is Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm in 004 Coral.  I've heard so many positive reviews on this one, and its a top seller in so many countries, and being a lip product... of course I had to try it!  It is pricey for a balm, but I feel its worth it.  Its quite moisturising, and gives the nicest, natural looking colour to the lips.  I believe the original one is the one that the internet is so fussed about, but I thought I would try the coral one first... just because I think I prefer orange to pink.  


Made in France ~


What it looks like in the tube - swatch is down below with the others.  I really like this one!  I've worn it a few times, and its wonderful.  Now I want the pink one as well!


This is the lipstick that I picked up from the new collection - Souveraine - which seems to be French for sovereign?  Unless the internet is lying to me... again.


CD


This one is such a pretty colour!  OMG.  Its quite sheer, but that's ok, because I like that sort of thing.  Its a reddish pink, with tiny shimmers.  My swatch below does not do it justice.  Its quite moisturising, and so smooth to apply.  It also doesn't make my teeth look yellow, which is always a plus.  


My first Dior blush!  Bound to happen sooner or later!


I love the packaging - very simple, but classic.  There's a place for Korean cute, and European chic :P


Of course, sometimes cute and chic can combine.  The bow is so adorable.  And the colour of the blush is gorgeous.  I'm not sure how I feel about the brush, but the blush is so pretty.  It gives a really nice flushed glow to my cheeks.  I know it won't be as adorable once the bow wears off, but the colour is still ever so lovely!  I don't think I could have asked for more from my first Dior blush.


This is my gift with purchase - a mini Lip Maximizer and a mini Dior Addict Lipstick in 578 Dior Kiss


Adorable sizes!


The applicator for the Lip Maximiser


Dior Kiss - Its quite sheer, but a shade that would be flattering to most skin tones?  I like the Dior Addict lipsticks, they're quite hydrating and I haven't tried a lipstick from them that has dried my lips (I only had 4 prior to this trip - so maybe I still need to try a few more?)


Swatches - Lip Glow on the left, Souveraine, Lip Maximizer and and Dior Kiss 
The photo does not do the colours justice.  I highly recommend visiting the counter to see them in person. 

All in all, very happy with my first major high end purchase of the year!  I love the colours that I've picked up, and I'm so glad that there were no disappointments!  I mean, really, there shouldn't be disappointments with high end brands, because you are paying that premium, but it does happen.  I have another $20 Myer coupon in stock, so we'll see what the next month brings us!

No comments:

Post a Comment