Saturday 17 August 2013

Collection: MAC Illustrated with Rebecca Moses



I am a sucker interesting packaging - usually a mixture of loving pretty things and having an appreciation for design.  A couple of weeks ago, I picked up some items from the MAC Illustrated Collection.  The colours were pretty - and I had a $10 coupon that I wanted to use before it expired!  I picked up the nude lip bag, the brown face kit and because I liked the colour so much - the lipstick in Girl About Town.


I really like the design - its quite unique!


Inside the palette - nice everyday neutrals.  It also contains Ravishing, the lipstick I bought in Korea... and lost in Perth.  Was thinking about repurchasing, but I think I'll wait for now.


Such pretty colours!


 Honestly, I'm not a fan of lipsticks in palettes of any type, especially when there are powder types next to the lip products.  However, this palette comes with a clever little lid to cover the lipstick colours when you're using the shadows/blush.  Still not a fan of the lipsticks in a powder palette, but it is a clever concept.  Simple, but shows they've put a bit of though into things.


Here we have the contents of the Nude lip bag.  I liked both lipstick colours, so I was unsure of which bag to get!  However, the lipglass in this one sold me.  Its my first one, and the colour was definitely one that I'd make far more use of.  It also helps that the Girl About Town is in the permanent collection, so as you will see, I picked it up separately.  


Naked Proof - a nice pinky nude.  


Lipglass in Drawn to Chic.  The other lipglass was just not to my liking.


Girl About Town - lovely fuchsia colour.  Its nice pair with my cobalt blue winter coat.  Strangely a nice pairing?  I have been enjoying my bright lips lately.  Especially since its winter and everyone else is so... colourless and gloomy?  Its nice to see some brightness in your day.  There are similar colours in MACs lineup, and I was standing at the counter wondering which finish was the best.  This is an Amplified finish, and the girl said it would last the longest.  Sold.
  

Lipsticks side by side.  I really like the quality of the lipsticks.  I could never understand the popularity of MAC when I was younger.  What can I say?  They have good stuff  ^_^


Lipglass  in Drawn to Chic, Lipstick in Girl About Town and Naked Proof, Lip Pencil in Boldy Bare.

Love the products, and I'm quite excited to see the lip collection in stores, hopefully soon!  Its cute that they've named one 귀요미.  Looks like my lipstick collection is gonna grow again!

No comments:

Post a Comment