Saturday 10 August 2013

Collection: A Time to Review

Now that I've had sufficient time to test to some products - time to reveal my thoughts.


First up - Benefit's Fake Up.  I bought this in Korea, but haven't really been using it much until now.  I like that it can cover my dark circles, but doesn't leave the under eye area dry, or looking cake-y.  I also like the fact that its in stick form.  It makes it quite quick to dab on the required area and blend in.


Holika Holika eye liners - they've passed the 12 hour work day wear test (I don't work that long, but that's how long I'm out of the house), and tonight they passed the dinner and night out at the clubs test.  My eyelids can get kind of oily towards the end of the day causing eye liner to smudge.  I've tried a LOT of different liners, gel, liquid, pencil from different brands from drug store to department store brands, and this is my favourite so far.  Love the glitter, and I love that its so long lasting.  It removes quite easily with the use of my cleansing water or cleansing oil, so its not as if its permanently staining your eyelids to stay on.  I haven't really seen this on many online stores, but if you can get your hands on them - highly recommend.  


I've been really enjoying this BB cream lately - Jasmine Water BB Cream from BRTC.  I really like BRTC products, especially their line for 'troubled' skin.  I don't really have troubled skin, but I feel it helps prevent it, and when I do get the odd pimple or two, the BB cream doesn't aggrevate it.  I like the scent of this one, very fresh and clean.  It does only come in one shade though, making it only really suitable for lighter skin tones.  Still its been very good for me this winter.  Even though temperature wise is has a really mild winter, it does get windy here, and they like cracking that heater up in the office (it isn't warm in the office, its HOT!), so your skin can get quite dry.  I do have oily skin, but if you use a transparent powder to set, its fine.

Next post will be some items I got from MAC - those collections do get me!


No comments:

Post a Comment