Saturday 28 September 2013

September Favourites - How long will this winter last?

Not that I don't mind the extension of my favourite season.  Unlike most people, I love winter and most of my activity is done during these months.  I actually get depressed in spring.  So this year's winter has sort of put the feeling at bay.  Last year was tough.  But anyway, here are some things that I have been enjoying this month...


I really enjoyed this Cranberry eyeshadow from MAC - it was not the deep burgundy that I was hoping for, but I've learnt how to make it work with blending with deep browns and black shadows to get the depth I've been longing for.  I've really enjoyed the burgundy this year, especially with my eyeliners (I have several - all Korean brands), and I was pleased to see that its going to be popular again in Korea again this fall.  In fact, 얼짱 Pony did a makeup look for everyday burgundy eyes.  Check it out here.  And Get it Beauty reviewed the top 5 Burgundy Shadows here.  Get it Beauty is a tv show all about makeup and skincare, and you can find episodes on youtube.  They feature Korean, Japanese and western products, and they have blind tests with their studio audience to review products.  I like to see what they recommend, and new trends.  This MAC shadow was ranked 2nd!



This is the number 1 burgundy shadow, as ranked by Get it Beauty.  3 Concept Eyes in Saturn, described it as a burgundy with pink pearl.  Its the cosmetic brand by Style Nanda, and I'm very interested.  I might order it online for next year... or actually wait until I go next year.  I really like the burgundy, and I've using it as a substitute for the brown shades that I usually use.  Its still a relatively neutral colour on me, not too red, but still adds a little bit of colour.


I've been using this hydrating balm underneath my BB/CC creams, just to help my make up last through out the day.  It helps keep the oil at bay, and I've also been dabbing the tiniest bit to my eyelids.  No more creasing in combination with the Proof 10 Primer!  Its especially great when going out after work, and I don't have time to go home in between.  I just need to touch up my liner and lipstick, and go!


The Naked Basics - this one I've been using to blend out/deepen out my Cranberry shadow.  In particular, I've been using W.O.S and Naked 2.  Its tiny size makes it so convenience to reach for in the mornings.


I do feel that the Stila In the Light palette is quite under appreciated on the internet.  Everyone nuts on about the Naked Palettes, and whilst they are both great palettes, I feel this one is just too often overlooked in the neutral world.  Since adding it to my neutral palette collection, I've actually reached for it more than any other palette.  


A wild squirrel!  A random photo from Seoul.  Look at that tail!


I've really been liking my Girl About Town lipstick from MAC.  I love the bold colour, and the colour lasts quite a while, even through meals!  The only thing is that the amplified lipstick formula is kind of drying, so lip balm is very important!


I've been enjoying the Skin Food Black Sugar Cleansing Oil as the first step to taking off my makeup.  Then I will occasionally follow through with the Etude House Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Cream.


Just because sometimes you feel you need a deeper clean.  This is followed by a cleansing foam.



I've had to use stock photos because I can't be bothered getting the camera out just now.  I've been using this line, and the few days I decided to use something else - pimples!  Only 2 or 3, but I prefer 0..  I went back to this, and skin is much better.  I can't tell if it was this or the chocolate, but... I really like this line.  

Next post... what I carry around on a daily basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment