Saturday 29 June 2013

Collection: MAC All About Orange and more

I am a big fan of orange and peach colours.  Not necessarily clothing and accessory wise, but definitely cosmetics wise.  Its a big colour trend and MAC is making the most of it.  The All About Orange line was released this week, but being the end of financial year, I didn't have a chance to see it up close until last night after work.  When the hell was over.  It was a ridiculous month, and I had been putting in some overtime to make sure the work that needed to get done, got done.  Unfortunately I had exhausted myself in between and needed to take time off on Wednesday because I was about to collapse otherwise.  Ever so grateful that my manager let me.  Otherwise, I might have just taken myself to hospital.  Anywho, in order to celebrate the end of the madness, as well as early birthday present to me from me, I got myself some items.  Any excuse.





 So four lipsticks and two of the blushes.  The lipsticks were the colours I liked the most, and were things I didn't really have in my vast lipstick collection, and the two blushes were the only two they had on display.  Honey Jasmine on the left and Royal Sunset on the right.  They didn't have Immortal Flower... I can't say whether this is a good thing or a bad thing... It would have been nice to try it, but they didn't seem to have it on display at David Jones or Myer.  


So pretty!  I feel the pictures I take are showing the products a bit more orange than what they are... I need more practice with my camera!  Both colours are super pretty, and would fit well into my everyday routine (I wear basic makeup to the office everyday.  No one to impress, but I think you should always try and present yourself as best as possible in all aspects.  You never who will pop in to say hello.)


Royal Sunset - is actually a bit more pink that is showing here.  Its such a pretty colour.  I wanted it as soon as I laid my eyes on it.  


Honey Jasmine is showing a bolder orange - ah! my camera skills need a lot of work!  I have always preferred orange and peach tones as blush and lipsticks over pinks and reds.  I really like the collection they have put out.


Lipstick time.  There are much better photos on the internet, but this is the best I can do :P


My favourite from here would be Flamingo, which is a very unique colour.  Again showing too orange.  Is it the artificial light?  I felt the others that I didn't pick up were a bit too bold for me or a bit sheer.  I actually went to from Myer to David Jones to pick up the Royal Sunset blush because they had sold out at Myer.  I was talking to the lady when I picked it up and was telling her I had already picked it up and she praised me "Good girl, you won't regret it".  I'm really happy with the products I've picked up.


I was blotting my face with oil sheets the other day and was complaining.  I do enjoy the MAC blot powder, but I was hoping for a more affordable option.  My boss recommended the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, so I picked it up today at Priceline.  20% off!  I had gone to several branches, but couldn't find the transparent one until this afternoon.  I've also been looking for the raspberry Nivea lip butter - to no avail.  Anyway, I thought I might give this a bang because she says she swears by it.
 

I also picked up some eyeliners.  They say they're waterproof.  We will see how they hold up.


I really like the Balm's Nude 'Tude palette, and I wanted to get the shimmery shade as a single shadow, but they didn't have it.  They did have these overshadows, which has a similar colour, with one gold, and one a bit more pink.  I picked up two because it was buy one, get the second product 50% off.  I don't know why, but the girl on the left reminds me of 효연 Hyoyeon from 소녀시대 Girls Generation.  Hmmm.

So I have bought quite a few things the past month, but I do feel that I worked really hard during this time?  Does this justify anything?  I don't know.  I am making a conscience effort to finish off most of my products though and have made my way through half of my Nature Republic moisturiser and my sample bottle of Missha's Time Revolution First Treatment Essence.  I have also made my way through a tube of Revlon's Colorburst Lipstick in Petal - my favourite colour and have a tiny bit of blot powder left to scrap through.


No comments:

Post a Comment