Sunday 2 June 2013

Collection: The Body Shop

A couple of weeks ago, The Body Shop was having a clearance sale on some of its seasonal items.  Nothing wrong with the stock, just that they couldn't be sold with the new seasonal packaging.  It was quite good, with the sale being up to 50% or more on the sale items.  I hadn't tried anything from The Body Shop other than the body butters and shower gels that I had received as birthday gifts, so what better time to try!

I decided to buy 2 body sprays and 2 eyeshadow palettes.  Here are the eyeshadow palettes.


The one on the left is the 4-Step Smoky Eyes Palette in 01 Smoky Copper and on the right is the Shimmer Cubes Palette - the Lily Cole colour set of pink-y purples.  RRP for the Smoky Eyes is AUD$39.95, which came down to $17.95 and the Shimmer Cubes were $40.95 down to $21.95.  Amazing savings!


Inside ~


I love my neutral colours!  I must almost have every single shade of brown there could be.  I really like the purples as well!  They apply smoothly, and the pigmentation is good too.  Packaging is sturdy but the the fact that each tiny cube has its own little lid is charming and annoying at the same time.  I'm not sure I would pay full price for these products though.  Yes the quality is very good, but there are cheaper alternatives that are equally high in quality.  I guess you do get a lot of product in the cubes though.  That could last anyone a lifetime!  However, if you had the pocket change, and space for either set of colours I would recommend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment