Saturday 21 December 2013

Collection: More Haul - Face Shop, Nature Republic and more

This selection is not from one brand, it is from several, where I have purchased only one or two items.  These were also all purchased from RoseRose Shop.


First up - the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel.  Very popular, and so I wanted to try it.  I did see it when I was over in Korea, but I thought it was kinda weighty, and I was trying to minimise baggage (although I missed by 20kg).  I've been suffering from really dry skin this summer.  Not on my face so much, but definitely on my arms where its irritating me the most.  Sun exposure is what triggers it the most, because I'm fine in winter.  But I've used this on my arms, and its definitely soothing!  It cools the skin, and definitely calmed my inflamations,


Its just a giant tub of clear gel.  Its not really scented, but still smells fresh and clean.


Here is the BRTC Jasmine Water BB Cream.  Backup!  BRTC is a great brand for those with skin problems - they have a whole line for it, and BRTC was actually the first BB Cream I've ever tried.  There was a full sized sample with a magazine my mother brought back for me.  The only thing is that it only comes in one colour, which can be a problem for darker skin tones.  Its also a bit pricier in comparison to your road shop BB creams, but if you have sensitive skin, this might be one to check out.


Its pretty light, but not white.  I have so many BB creams and CC creams... maybe it would be interesting to see how they line up?  I will say that when I look at Youtube videos, I always end up with shades darker than what I am.  I guess the lighting of their videos causes misjudgments?  I have a white daylight bulb in my room, and that's it.


설록 Green Tea Latte!  Yum yum yum.  I bought 2 boxes of this instant latte.


Inside each box is 10 sachets like this one.  You can prepare them hot or cold, and this pretty much the only hot beverage I would order in Starbucks when I was in Seoul.  Now I can just make them at home!  I also have a few in my desk at the office.  I've been gifted sooooooooooooooooo many boxes of chocolate this Christmas, and its nice to have a cup of tea and chocolate.  Honestly, I'll just remember 2013 as a giant chocolate experience. I really appreciate all the gifts that people have given my this year, but I appreciate that they appreciate my efforts even more!  


Here is the Skin Food Aloe Vera Foaming Cleanser.  I used this when I was on holiday in Seoul, and I liked it a lot!  Unfortunately... I had to leave this behind.  I'd like to try more 


I'm still using the Peach version of this The Face Shop Cleansing Foam, but I wanted the Aloe Version.  Just because.  I ended up giving it to my younger brother.  We share the same genetics, so I don't really understand why his skin is not the same as mine.  I did notice he had been using Clean & Clear, and Clearasil, which were both products that were way too harsh for me.  It left me stripped and irritated.  So, I told him to try this.  I don't think it does anything fantastic to your skin, however it doesn't make it worse, which is the important part, AND its affordable. 


Here is a shimmery coral eyeshadow from The Face Shop - 03 Peach Kissed.


Such a sweet colour - I think it will be really nice for when I need a very simple look.  A sweep of this over the eyelids, with a bit of liner and the eyes are done!  


Tony Moly!  Color Fix Tok Tok Tint.  Its in a cute pencil/crayon type package and I picked up the colour in Angela Coral.  In typical Korean lip product fashion, it smells amazing!  When I first swatched it, I couldn't tell where the scent was coming from.  When you open it up, there's doesn't seem to much fragrance, but then once applied, there's a really pretty, fruity scent.  Just the type I like.  


The wind up tip.  I've decided I like wind up for lip products, not sharpening.  For eye products it doesn't bother me so much, but I definitely prefer wind ups for lips.


There's also a sponge tip if you wanted to apply it as as gradient lip.  I either have really small lips, or don't understand the method, because I always end up filling completely when I try gradients/  Maybe I can try over the Christmas break.


Such a pretty colour!!!  Still have to see how long it will last on the lips, but it looks like a keeper!


Finally, some gel liner brushes.  One from Skin Food, one from Innisfree, one from Missha, and the one from 3 Concept Eyes came with an actual pot of liner.  I like these types better than  the Sigma liner brushes that I have.  They're also far more affordable.  I find I can get the thickness of the line that I want, especially with greater control of a shorter handle.

Coming Soon - SIGMA Haul, Missha, 3 Concept Eyes by Style Nanda, Etude House, Innisfree.



No comments:

Post a Comment