Tuesday 24 December 2013

Collection: Style Nanda - 3 Concept Eyes

Merry Christmas!!!  I hope that everyone who stops by has a safe and happy holiday season.  I personally do not celebrate Christmas, but I am happy to have 2 days extra off work!  I'll be helping my parents for Christmas, and hitting the Boxing Day sales tomorrow.  I've already picked up some things from Shu Uemura and MAC, because I hit the shops just before closing time after work yesterday, and Shu Uemura had put up their sale stock already!  Life is so much about timing.  And all I did was follow my colleague to look for martini glasses.  He didn't get what he was looking for, but I managed to pick up some stuff!  They'll come up in a few posts time, once I've finished with my Black Friday stuff.  

Today is going to be about 3 Concept Eyes, the makeup line from Style Nanda.  Ever since Get It Beauty had shown some of their stuff on the show, I've been really wanting to try this brand.  The products in this post were also from Rose Rose Shop.


First up are two single shadows - A burgundy colour in Saturn, and a shimmery beige in May Blossom.  This was Get it Beauty's number 1 burgundy shadow!  They were just over $9 each, and they last well with a good primer (Not the one from Nature Republic - I bought it when I was in Seoul, and I don't know if the one I got was a dud, but its definitely nowhere as good as the Etude House - if you're going to ship a eyeshadow primer from Korea - Etude House all the way!)


What Saturn looks like in the pan.  I love the shimmer!  So pretty.


Saturn is on the left, and MAC's Cranberry is on the right.  Cranberry is probably a more a closer match to what I would describe as "burgundy", but Saturn shows up a deeper shade on my lids... probably because of the darker skin around my eyes.  Dratted dark circles.  Both super pretty though, and it really depends on what colour you're looking for.


Here is May Blossom in the pan.  It looks kind of orange, but when you swatch it...


A really pretty, shimmery beige.  I use colours like this the most - so I like to use them as indicators of how a brand will perform with the rest of their colours.


Next up is the 3 Concept Eyes Pore Silky Balm - which is a primer for your face!  I was looking for something similar to the Banila Co primer, and since the packaging was similar - I decided to give it a try.  


Its even similar on the inside - coming with a spatula and a sponge.  There is also a plastic separator that keeps the sponge away from the product, but I took them out afterwards anyway.  It works quite well, and I'm happy with the results it delivers.  Foundation/BB Creams stay on throughout a workday.  The consistency is definitely 'silky', but by no means make you appear oily.  Its not a complete firm favourite yet, but we'll see.


I had to try the foundation - after watching Youtube videos and looking at the photos of the models - I could not help myself.  So pretty.  This is the Glossing Waterful Foundation - I picked up the shade in Milk Ivory, and its SPF 15.  Pretty low for a Korean beauty product, but I wear sunscreen anyway so that's fine.


Something unique is this eyedropper style 'pump'.  I don't think I've personally ever come across any cosmetics that use an eyedropper.  Skincare, yes, but never makeup. Its kinda cool!  It will help in volume control - all those times that you accidentally pump/squeeze out to much... 


Ooh.  My arm is looking particularly dark there, isn't it?  Anyway, that there is one drop of product.  


Blended in.  Definitely a bit of "glossing" going on there.  I haven't tested this one out yet - because I have a lot of other product combinations I'm trying first.  It is a pretty good colour match for me.  Definitely on the lighter side of medium, and darker side of light.  I'll probably give it a run on Thursday or Friday.


The lip lacquer has been featured in few Youtuber videos, and I picked up this orange one for summer. Just because some pinks can look very strange on me... Orange/Corals are my safety colours.


Here's the applicator - I do find applicators important.  It can be a make or break for me, ever since the Apocalips.  I really did not care for that one.  This one I like.  


Great bold orange colour for summer. The texture is actually quite similar to the lip/cheek tint that I picked up from the shu uemura collection, but more affordable!  Would definitely consider picking up some other colours.


Here is their Gel Eyeliner, and I picked up the colour in Red Bean.  It comes with a brush!  Which I posted before in my miscellaneous haul.


Red Bean is the one on the left.  A brownish red?  It looks like the colour of red beans. It lasts quite well too, and I was impressed that it lasted all day!  That's what we want!  I will never buy drugstore eyeliners in Australia again!  Its not like their any cheaper, and the lasting power is nothing compared to the Korean ones I've tried.  

So those are the products I've picked up from 3 Concept Eyes.  So far so good!  I'm definitely interested in trying some more of their products, like the blushes and lipsticks.  



No comments:

Post a Comment