Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy 2014!!! 2013 Favourites to Bring into the New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I hope the first day of 2014 is treating you well, and the rest is even better than 2013!  Today I bring you some of my favourite items from 2013 - I found a lot of good stuff!  Some have been favourites for the whole year, and one just for the month of December, but these are all items that I've enjoyed using, and reached for again and again during 2013.



A small overview - this was all I could fit in on the tiny stand.  There's a lot more!  I've employed the help of the Little Animals for this post ^.^


- Favourite BB Creams -
I tried many a BB cream and CC cream this year - at least one from each road shop brand.  They've all been quite impressive, and there hasn't been any that I've been disappointed in.  There are 3 stand outs though, and these are the ones that I reached for the most during the year.  

L --- R: Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream, Klairs Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream, BRTC Jasmine Water BB Cream

The BRTC and Klairs are great because they are both quite moisturising, so are great for days when your skin needs a little something extra.  The Holika Holika smells amazing, and feels nice and light on the skin, for when you're having a good skin day!


- Favourite Foundation -

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation and Mustaev Skinny Tint Foundation

2013 marks the year that I became interested in foundation, and these 2 have been my favourites.  I really like the Sheer Glow foundation.  The satin finish is lovely, and you can build coverage if necessary, but I love the fact that it is quite light, and seems to brighten your face.  The Mustaev has also got a light coverage, and feels quite moisturing as well.  It wears very well throughout the day with a good primer.


- Favourite Pact -

Hera UV Mist Cushion

The Cushion Pact was a trend throughout Korea this year, and high end and road shop brands each had at least one in their line up.  I tried about 6 different brands, and this was my favourite.   Good coverage, gives a lovely dewy finish and is SPF 50!  The compact style makes it convenient to keep in your make up bag.  This one was a gift from family, and I'll probably pick up another one when I go - I still have a refill left.  I also like that you can 'recycle' the packaging.  Once the product runs out, you can pop out the little container, and replace it.

- Favourite Primer -
3 Concept Eyes Pore Silky Balm and Banila Co Prime Primer
Banila Co all the way!  Foundation and BB Creams stay put for longer with this one, and if I put a little on my lids with my favourite shadow primer, eyeshadows stay on forever!  The only downside is that its a bit on the pricey side... but totally worth it for days when you need your face to last that little bit longer.  The 3 Concept Eyes is becoming my second favourite, beating the Porefessional by Benefit.  Its much more affordable than the Prime Primer, and the formula is a bit smoother as well.  I've already ordered a backup of the Pore Silky Balm, and will probably pick up another Prime Primer either when my mother goes to Korea, or I do (hopefully November/December 2014!)


- Favourite Eye Primer -

Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer

There is no other.  This is the best eye shadow primer that I have ever tried.  High end, low end, this is the one.  Shadows stay on without creasing, and its so affordable!  I hope they never discontinue this.  Otherwise I'll have to start hoarding them.  I will try others, but I feel that I'll always be coming back for this one.


- Favourite Eye Shadow -

Urban Decay, Stila and bareMinerals

There were a lot of great palettes this year.  Naked 1 and 2 were great as usual, and I can't wait until I can get my hands on Naked 3 - I feel I am going absolutely adore that one, judging by all the swatches I've seen.  I am holding off, because of all the ridiculous Christmas shopping I had done.  I am glad that I picked up everything before Christmas though, because they taken off all the holiday stuff by Boxing Day.  No specials, no nothing.  Stila was also very good to me - I really like the palette that I picked up.  Beautiful neutral colours that can be found easily in Australia!  The bareMinerals palettes have been fantastic too.  They're a great size to throw in your bag for days when you need touch ups, or want to create a day-to-night look.  



- Favourite Eye Liner -

Holika Holika, Clio and Stila

I've been banging on about these three all year.  Great, long-wearing formulas for all three, but Holika Holika wins because of affordability, and colour range.  But for days when I just cannot find my pencil sharpener, the other two are a godsend.  The Holika Holika Gel Liner (in a pot) and the Liquid Liner are fantastic as well.  This brand just does not get enough love!  I can't wait to try more of their products.


- Favourite Blush -

Benefit Sugarbomb

I have many blushes.  I love all of them.  Depending on the weather, what I'm wearing or even my mood, I switch around my colours.  But for the days when I don't know what to wear, this has been my go-to blush.  It has hints of a slight bronzer effect, and is so simple to wear on your cheeks for a pretty glow.  I bought this box set last Christmas, so I only have a mini size, but I've just about hit pan on it.  I'm definitely looking into purchasing a full size once I'm done with it though.  A lot of people seem to like Coralista more, and I do like it myself, but I just found that because it was so easy to use, I reached for Sugarbomb more.  


- Favourite Lip Product -

-

I cannot choose a favourite.  I love my lip products!  Although there was a fail (Rimmel Apocalips - I just don't know how to make this work for me), I enjoy all my lipsticks and tints and glosses... they all serve a purpose, and a mood, and the last time I went through them, there weren't any colours that were identical.  Similar colour families, but not the same shade, and different finishes.


- Favourite Powder -

Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder

I know, I've only been using this for 2 weeks.  But I've really been impressed with the results!  I find that the oil absorption is really good, because I noticed that I only get really shiny around the end of a work day, whereas with other powders I still got oily around lunch time.  The loose powder form makes it difficult to carry, but since it takes care of oil so well, I only need blotting sheets.  And its so affordable!


- Favourite Skin Care -

Missha Time Revolution - The First Treatment Essence

Picked this up in Korea, and its fantastic for times when I feel a tingle of a pimple or two.  Using this everyday was really good - my skin was so clear!  I might start using it everyday again - I was trying to ration it, because I wouldn't be able to get it for a while.  But its fantastic for your skin, and of course, the best base for your makeup is good skin.


- Favourite Make Up Wipes -

Liz K Make Up Wipes

I love these makeup wipes.  They actually remain moist until you use the very last one!  Other makeup wipes tend to dry up and then you have to moisten them again... I'm wondering if can somehow re-use the packaging with other wipes, and soak them in cleansing water or something.  I've never seen this type of packaging on Western cleansing wipes, but I have seen them on baby wipes.  All wipes should have this packaging, not those silly sticker seals.  Next time they're on sale... we're getting another bundle!

So, there were my favourites for 2013.  A lot of good products, and a lot of great finds.

On with 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment