Tuesday 7 January 2014

NEW YEAR, NEW ACCESSORIES! MARCS, DKNY & SAMSUNG

I like myself a good leather bag - and really look for something that's going to be a long term investment.  I'm not into the latest trends in bags, I want something that's classic and can be used year in, year out.  I recently picked up two new bags, both in black.  One was a sale item, and the other was a long term wish.  Great for work, or an outing.   


This is the first bag I picked up.  Its from MARCS and was 50% due to the sales.  I have 2 other MARCS bags, and I really enjoy the quality of the bags.  Very simple, but you can tell its well made.  I like that the brand isn't a major feature anywhere - its only stamped on the zippers.  It has 3 small pockets inside, and is really spacious!   Another great thing is that it maintains it shape, despite being empty.  This is my current work bag.


This is the second bag I picked up, at full price.  Its from DKNY, and I've been wanting a bag in this shape and material for the longest time.  Earlier last year, DKNY had a similar bag, but I remember it being slightly more rectangular?  Anyway, I had wanted it sooooo much... but I had so much time agonising over whether or not to buy it that it went out of stock.  A regular occurrence.  When I saw this one, I spent an hour texting my mother on Kakao Talk.   Always helpful to have a second opinion.  I love the shape and the subtle details.  I've been admiring it for the past week now... but have not taken it out just yet.  Maybe in autumn I will reveal it to the world. 

I'm really happy with both of them, and I'm sure I get a lot of use out of them in the years to come.

I am an Android girl through and through. I have only ever used an Apple iPod - the classic one.  I recently got the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 - and I love it.  I love my Galaxy S4 and I've also had a Galaxy Tab 2.  The Note 8.0 is a great size for those on the go.  Its smaller than the full size tablets, making it easy to hold, but the screen is big enough to allow for comfortable reading.  The built-in stylus is fantastic too.  Its pretty good at recognising my handwriting in English, but apparently my Korean handwriting is a bit sloppy.  

Favourite Apps?

Tapzin - This is an app where you get to sample a lot of different magazines, like Elle, Vogue, Singles and 1st Look.  As it is a free app, and you download the issues for free as well, you don't get the whole volume, but you still get a reasonable amount of content to view.  Another wonderful thing about this app is that you can view the issues offline as well.  I like to flick through past issues on the train and look at past trends and interviews.  The magazines are all Korean, but if you're interested in beauty and fashion trends in Korea, you can still download this app and flick through.  The download instructions are in English.  Nylon Korea also has a similar app where you can download parts of past issues, and some of them even feature interview videos with their articles!

Photo Art - This is one of those fun photo apps - which makes your photo black and white, except a select portion which is in the original colour.  Kinda tacky, kinda fun!

Tapped Out - Fun Simpsons app where you build your own Springfield!  One of those time waster apps when you've got nothing else to do?  I think its starts as Homer blowing up the town, and then you slowly start to rebuild it?  Just a fun app to reminisce on your childhood.

So, no beauty buys this episode, but I'll something for you soon!  I've picked up some new MAC limited edition products - mostly lipsticks.  Stay tuned!







No comments:

Post a Comment