Sunday 12 January 2014

COLLECTION: MAC - HUGGABLE LIPCOLOR & MAGNETIC NUDE

Perth is currently going through a heatwave - it was 44 degrees yesterday, and today it reached 40 degrees - by 9:30AM.  Needless to say... I can't really be bothered doing much.  I went to watch a movie with a friend last night, and once we got there, we were told we had to wait an hour because the airconditioning system had broken.  Part of the reason I wanted to go to the cinema was because I thought it would be cooler than my own home. But since its cooling down a little bit now, I thought I might share my MAC purchase for the month.  The Huggable Lipcolors were released last week, and so was the Magnetic Nude Collection.  As you can imagine, I returned with a ridiculous number of lipsticks.  But they were so pretty!  



I picked up 8 of the Huggable Lipcolors.  The tubes are similar to the ones of the Sheen Supreme line, which I also really enjoy.  I got all the colours that I wanted, but it would have been nice to see the Asia exclusives too.


Such pretty colours!  
From Left to Right:
Commotion
Feeling Amorous?
Red Necessity
Fashion Force
Out for Passion
Fresh & Frisky
Touche
Cherry Glaze


Swatches
Commotion
Feeling Amorous?
Red Necessity
Fashion Force


Swatches 
Out for Passion
Fresh & Frisky
Touche
Cherry Glaze

Overall, I really like these lipsticks.  They're a lot sheerer, but as they're trying to copy the 'Asian Trend' in lipsticks, I would say its well done.  I enjoy pigmented, opaque lipsticks, but sometimes there's just something nice having a sheerer tint to the lips.  I have both 'spring/summer' and 'autumn/winter' colours (because the lady said it was limited edition), and I've been wearing them for the past week.  They wear well for 5-6 hours, with eating and drinking.   


I only picked up 2 items from the Magnetic Nude set - a lipstick in Morning Rose, and a blush in Autoerotique.  I did want to see the blush At Dusk, but they didn't have that one available in store.


Morning Rose on the left, Autoerotique on the right.  Both gorgeous!  The blush is super pretty, and the lipstick is a colour that is new to my colour scheme - I actually don't have a colour like this.  That's right!  I really like this one, and I think it will be great once we hit autumn.

So, that concludes the ridiculous MAC haul.  I recently received some more Korean products in the mail - some new things, some new colours and some repurchases, so I'll hopefully get those up sometime this week.  Again mostly lip stuff... but there's a few other items that I really wanted to try out!

On to a new week!



No comments:

Post a Comment