Sunday 19 January 2014

Collection: More Korean Glory! Etude House, 3 Concept Eyes & More!


I've just bought my mother's plane tickets to Seoul, and she'll be heading to Korea for Easter.  So... now I can make more online orders now!  Its a good time for her to go, as the weather should be really nice, and she can see her family and friends... and I will have to cook and clean.  But that's ok.


Today I bring you a collection of things that I ordered from RoseRose Shop.  Link is here.  I was quite impressed with the price and how much bubble wrap they used!  The prices are quite reasonable - not exactly Korean pricing, but very close and sometimes less, so although you have to pay for shipping, I thought it was fine - for the amount I paid, I think I got more that what I would with other sites.  They're also very good with the free samples!  I like the little plastic packets with 5 samples - great to give away to friends.  They threw in 4 with my order.


Let's start with Etude House!  I think they could quite possibly have the cutest packaging in Korea!  The shops are definitely the cutest. These are from the Princess Etionette collection - the previous collection had a pale pink packaging, but these 3 are in this white packaging.  Perfect for winter!  I was most excited to try these lipsticks.


Of course, I had to get all three
L to R
PBE102 별빛 아래 문 플라워 - Moon Flower Beneath the Starlight
PPK005 고귀한 베르사유 피오니 - Noble Versailles Peony
PRD302 블러드 와인 한 모금 - A Drop of Blood Wine

How about those names?  But all beautiful colours!


They all have a faint rose scent, which does fade away, and this cute "E" etching, which features on most of the Etude House lipsticks.  I had worried that the lipsticks may have 'perspired' due to the hot weather, but thankfully they had survived their journey.


Aren't the swatches just soooooooo pretty?  They are quite sheer in comparison to most Western lipsticks, but I do enjoy this kind of finish quite a lot.  Moon Flower is a great every day nude colour, and I've been using it almost every day!  Peony is also a pretty fuchsia colour, and I  think I'll be getting a lot of use out of this one come Autumn/Winter.  Blood Wine is a great red, and as its not so opaque, its a lot easier to wear.  A good way to introduce yourself to red.


Next up is the Play Color Eyes Palettes from Etude House.  Big palettes like this are a rarity for Korean brands, and I was a bit disappointed that I missed out on their previous offering last year.  So when they released these two children, I had to adopt them and offer them a warm home.


01 So Hot Play 


02 So Cool Play

I did try swatching them, however the heat and lighting were not playing nice.  I can say that they are nicely pigmented, and last well with a good primer.  Not too sure about the shimmery green, but I do like the palettes a lot.  


Last 2 from Etude House is a Rosy Tint Lips and a Drawing Show Eye Pencil.  I actually haven't tried any liners from Etude House, and of course I was curious!  The tint is in the shade is in the shade Before Blossom, and the liner is After Blossom.  Flowers everywhere~


This is the applicator - quite unique in that it has a sponge tip.  Helpful to create that gradient lip that Koreans love.


Sorry about the wonky swatches - tint on the left and liner on the right.  I do like the tint so far, but I haven't tried the liner on my lids yet.  Its not as creamy as some of my other liners, but then again, I have been spoilt by the amazing Clio and Holika Holika.  Its still much smoother than some of the Western drug store liners that I've tried.


Moving on to 3 Concept Eyes - I've been loving the orange lip lacquer and decided to pick up a few more.  Great pigmentation, smooth application and such a pretty range of colours!


Left to Right
BON BON, SHOW TIME, BACK STAGE, FEVER

Love love love.  They are a bit pricier in comparison to your more popular road shop brands but the quality is there.  I want to try the blushes next!


Next is Holika Holika - a blush and an eyeshadow trio.


The Love Fantasy Blush in Pink Fantasy.  Isn't it adorable?  The camera isn't picking it up, but there are little designs etched in the powder.  The pigmentation is quite good, and I like the little puff that it comes with.  Perfect for application.


More Tok Tok Tints from Tony Moly.  I love the one I have, and instead of reapplying lipstick after lunch, I'll apply one of these.  I'm a bit nervous about carrying my lipsticks to work at the moment - because its so hot, and I don't want them to sweat and be ruined.  These manage to hold up quite well, and the tropical scent is a pick me up half way through the day.  


Such pretty colours!  I wish the lighting was better... But they're gorgeous, I swear!


Finally, Missha!  I got an eye shadow primer, and the Fatal Aura collection, the twin to the Mysterious Aura set I had picked up earlier.  I haven't tried the primer yet, but isn't the packaging so pretty and so sleek?  I hope it lives up to its looks!  


Here's the red lipstick that it comes with - a lovely crimson colour - I can't wait for Autumn!  I really want to get some use out of this one.  I think it will go really nicely with my blue coat.


Here's the shadows - I must say that the shadows are definitely something that I wouldn't normally reach for, but I'm excited to try.  The shadows from Missha are a lot better than what I remember from high school!  The quality improvement is great, and I think that is what has gotten Korean road shop brands such recognition in the past few years.  I'm not sure how things will go for the higher end Korean brands, but I'd like to explore a bit more when I go back - e.g. Hera and friends.

I also picked up some more boring things - like another of the 3 Concept Eyes primer.  I also got my favourite cleansing water from the Face Shop.  I still have lots of Bioderma left, but I still think I preferred the Face Shop's version... so I wanted to try again, side by side.  At any rate, its definitely more affordable!  And I also got another tub of the Nature Republic Soothing Aloe Vera gel.  That has been a lifesaver this summer.  I wouldn't say that its moisturising, but it is definitely soothing.  My skin on my body tends to get extremely dry during summer and when exposed to sunlight for long periods of time.  It gets itchy, and sometimes I find that I've scratched my arms so much that they would bleed.  Only my body.  My face is fine.  Anywho, the gel is really soothing, and stops the itch.

I don't really have any more beauty purchases planned, although I did like the look of some of the NARS blushes.  So tempting.  Other than my Korea trip, I am also planning a long weekend this winter to Melbourne to visit some friends.  I haven't been to Melbourne in a looooong time, so I'm looking forward to it.  But it also means I have to save!

Have a good week!





No comments:

Post a Comment