Sunday 29 September 2013

What's in My Bag?

These are fun on youtube - but I'll just do a blog version  : P

I have recently converted to a Oroton clutch that I bought during the mid-season sales.  My Marcs bag was just getting too heavy - its the bag that caused me shoulder problems in Korea and when I weighed it on our mail scales in the office, came in over 3 kgs.  The bag itself is on the heavy side.  Anyway, its spring and I wanted something different so when I found this clutch at David Jones, I was quite pleased.


For me, Oroton is a hit or miss brand.  Its an Australian brand, and their leather is good quality, but some of their designs are just... ugly.  I like classic shapes, and believe that when I buy a handbag or purse, it should be an investment.  Some of the items that they've brought out to be on-trend are just.... no.


So clutch on the left, contents on the right.  The clutch also came in blue and a khaki/olive colour, and they were all pretty, but I thought I would get the most wear out of this nude/beigey-pink one.  Easier to coordinate with outfits,  It actually fits quite a bit.  My pink/orange MCM purse that I bought in Seoul, my Eclipse breath mints, phone Samsung Galaxy S4 (I had a pink case, but it snapped), Nintendo 3DS (to play Animal Crossing - for those long bus rides), 3 lipsticks (Pure Zen, Sunny Seoul and Girl About Town) and 2 eyeliners (Clio Bloody Sweet and Golden Khaki).  Why I need 3 lipsticks?  Who knows. 


I love my MCM purse.  I know a lot of people have the bags and backpacks with the logo stamped all over it, but I don't like that style.  I don't like the Louis Vuitton bags and honestly, I don't know what to think when people carry them, because there's so many fakes!  And it seems like some people just carry them as a status symbol.  Anyway.  That's only my opinion, and if you like the look, then you rock the heck out of that look.  Back to the purse.  Its a beautiful bright pink on the outside and on the inside, a bold orange.  Basically two of my favourite colours in one item.  I love the vibrancy of it all.  It has a simple badge on the front, and should it fall off, I can take it back and they'll fix it up for me.  I always get questions and comments when I pull it out.  I don't think I've seen a similar colour in Perth.  I feel it was quite reasonably priced for the quality, and I would be interested in saving up for a handbag from them.  Probably not pink.

So that is what is in my bag at the moment.  Sometimes I will have my Galaxy Tab, but since the move to the clutch, there's really not much room, and I've been otherwise occupied with Animal Crossing.


I leave you with a picture I uploaded on instagram a while back.  I don't make that face when I see that word... but I do on the inside!



No comments:

Post a Comment