Thursday 3 October 2013

Collection: Shu Uemura and a Token of Appreciation

Its been a short week, but an intense one.  I cannot wait for the weekend!  Only one day to go...


I work in the finance industry, and I deal with numerous clients.  One of our lenders was so kind to personally drop off some flowers for me.  Completely unnecessary, but its always wonderful to know that the effort that you put in is appreciated.  I was having such a crummy day, so it was really nice to have them personally delivered.  My day got even crummier still, not 15 minutes after the lender had left.  Still, at least one wonderful thing happened today.


Really pretty - I really don't care for roses, but I love flowers like this.


Awww ~ and they even spelt my name right!!!!


On to the beauty products!  In the past, I haven't had too much luck with Japanese products... but Shu Uemura had a new lipstick display that just looked so pretty... I couldn't resist.  I should be ok with lipsticks.  I'm always wary of face products though.


I picked up 3 lipsticks - because there was a gift if you bought 3 items.  Also, the girl told me that some of the lipsticks were limited edition!  And they only had 4 in stock!  I only got 2 limited editions, and one that is such a popular colour that apparently is so popular its always sold out.  I don't know if it that's true or not, but it was such a pretty colour... I got it.


So, the M PK 376 is the permanent colour, and the other two with the names are limited edition.  Whereas Korea was in a very orange phase, now moving into burgundy (both my favourites, coincidentally!), it seems Japan is making red the colour of choice?  Or not.  But the theme of the lipsticks was red.


I like the packaging, its quite cute! Its very simple, and in some ways does not look like it should be in a department store... but it has a good weight to the tube, and its great that you can see the colour straight away.


Another thing to notice is that the matte lipstick has a matte tube.  


So pretty.  My mother doesn't like me wearing red lipsticks, but the two limited shades allow me to wear red, without scaring my mummy.  The matte pink shade on the left is the permanent colour, and the best part is that it doesn't feel drying.  I'll have to give it a proper test run tomorrow, but for the most part, I do like the formula.


This could be the beginning of a wonderful relationship.


They were giving this brush roll thing away as the gift.  The other gift was a pouch with a brush... but that was rather plain.  This is so much cuter.


I'm very happy with my new colours, and even though its been a tough week... at least there were a few good things to come out of it <3


No comments:

Post a Comment