Monday 7 October 2013

Collection: RiRi ♥ MAC... and so do I

RiRi has hit Australia and her collection with MAC is now in stores across Australia, at selected Myer and David Jones stores.  In Perth, there are 3 MAC counters that I know of - Myer Perth City, David Jones Perth City, and Myer in Garden City Booragoon - all very coveniently located to my home and work.  Such a dangerous thing.  


It was up on the MAC Australian website last week, and I was so sad to see stuff sold out online!  I'm not really one to buy stuff online unless I've tried it before at a store.  Not to worry, because I found out that it was to be released today.


So off I went at lunch time ~ and they actually had quite a bit of stock available!  I managed to try everything that I wanted, and the best thing was that the testers were barely swatched.  The thing I hate about drugstore lines is that the testers are always so... grotty.  On the other hand, the testers at department stores are cleaned up regularly.  At least for presentation's sake, it looks relatively clean.


 Oh my goodness, even the boxes are so pretty.  I really like the rose gold colour.  I got several items - the Good Girl Gone Bad blush, Hibiscus Kiss blush duo, Her Cocoa eyeshadow quad, and lipsticks RiRi Woo and Who's That Chick.  I'm still on the fence in regards to the cream colour base - its so pretty!   I'm thinking about it for the next 24 hours lol.



Good Girl Gone Bad blush - I feel the first photo gives a more true representation of the colour of the blush. I don't really have anything like this, so I definitely wanted to pick it up.


I also don't have anything like this blush duo.  The blush pink is so amazingly pretty, I'd buy it if the whole thing was just that colour.  I generally stay away from bronzers because they make me look dirty, but I'm hoping this one will be different.  (No photos of the packaging because the fingerprints are crazy - pretty but frustrating)


Her Cocoa quad - I love my neutrals!  Not so much of blacks, which is why I only picked up this quad.  The package is magnetised so no clasps to ruin your nails.  I really like the shimmery browns.  Definitely my kind of quad.


Swatches anti-clockwise from top right corner.  They don't have names as far as I'm aware...
 

Finally, more lipsticks to add to my ridiculous collection.  


I love orange lipsticks... this one would be fun for summery nights out


I'm sorry mother, but I couldn't resist this red one


I really like this sort of detail on lipsticks - like the Etude House ones...  As a Korean, I take aesthetics very seriously.  Why have plain things, when you can have pretty things?  


Side by side


And swatched.  I tried a slight gradient, and then slightly blended and they're very pretty.

Overall, I'm happy with my first impressions of my new toys.  Will need to use them throughout the week to see how I feel about the wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment