Sunday 13 October 2013

Collection: Diamonds in the Sky

So I had a horrible week at work this week.  Absolutely rubbish.  In an effort to make myself feel better, I got the Cream Color Base in Diamonds from MAC (it only worked a tiny bit - I am still very miffed).  Its so pretty.  I wasn't sure if this would be flattering on me, because I am a fair bit fairer than Ms Riri, but I think it would be pretty on almost anyone.


The package is basically the same as the blush.


Oooh...


So there's one swipe...


and blended out - it will make a really nice highlighter in the upcoming summer!

Overall, I'm quite please with the collection, especially the colour choices that I made.  The only thing I think would have made it better is if they had better packaging.  I really like the rose-gold colour, but sometimes... it looks kinda cheap.  Maybe a matte chrome finish?


I also got this rice powder thing from Bourjois a few weeks ago.  In Seoul, Bourjois is found in department stores.  In Australia, its found at Priceline, basically a drugstore.  I guess its kind of like L'Oreal and Revlon being available in the major department stores here.  Anyway, this is also kind of capable of being a highlighting powder.


Very subtle!  Just how I like it :)


Now that it had decided to finally stop raining, I've cracked out my SPF 50.  I stocked up in Korea because before I left, I was told that the maximum SPF rating that we could have in Australia was 30.  I find this ridiculously stupid, because the sun is extremely strong.  In Perth, you can not survive the summer without an air conditioner and I'm pretty sure Australians are the biggest casualties of skin cancer.  This sunscreen is from Etude House, and I got it in a 1+1 deal.  The cool thing about this cream is that it has a powder finish and leaves no heavy, sticky feeling, which I really dislike.  You can also use it as a primer - which is great so you don't have to layer yet ANOTHER product onto your face.



No comments:

Post a Comment