Sunday 1 September 2013

Collection: Surviving August and Dragging Our Feet into Spring

August was a crazy month - right up until the very end!  It was like end of financial year all over again - but we were short a few staff.  So, time to reward oneself with some goodies for handling the files

But first off, a week or so ago, I went to teppanyaki with a good friend of mine.  To work off the food, we went shopping after dinner.  They had special 'beauty bags' at David Jones for around $20 with any beauty purchase.  We each got one, with my purchase being ... brush cleanser.


Quite an array of decently sized samples.  This all came about because of a discussion in regards to the lack of decent beauty boxes in Australia.  I haven't found anything worth trying here, although I would love to try the Get It Beauty Box in Korea - looking at all the blogs make me so envious!  Any, this bag is a similar concept I suppose, lots of different samples, but not a monthly subscription service, and you know what you're getting in advance.  There's 2 choices, both bags have a few items that are uniform between the two, and then some items that are unique to the particular bag.  I chose this selection because the other one had a lip butter that I already had.


This item was what really interested me.  A 30 mL sample size of the SKII Facial Treatment Essence!  Now, in Australia at Myer, a 75 mL bottle is $100.00.  This in itself makes the bag amazing.  This being said, I haven't tried it yet.  I'm still using some other similar products, and I also don't want to find out that it is as amazing that everyone says it is.  $100.00 for 75 mL is a lot - especially when I'm very prone to spillage.


My first Bare Minerals!  I had bought the Power Neutrals palette (the golden one), when it came out, and after the whirlwind that was Friday, I bought the September issue as well.  It was a toss-up between this one and the NARS eyeshadow palette, but I liked the texture of these much more, and more affordable.


I have held out on using them - first test run will be tomorrow, only because I've been in such a rush these past few mornings.  I did enjoy the softness of the shadows - they swatched so well.  Nice and smooth.


The Power Neutrals contains mostly mattes, although there are a few shimmers.


I don't know how I feel about the brushes, but I really like the shadows!


Boss Lady - Money Maker - Schmooze - Boardroom


Exec - Payday - Magnate - Get Ahead

Very "Corporate" theme, and a great palette for the office!


The September Issue - September here is spring, in the Northern Hemisphere its fall.  So it looks like a fall palette, but I feel you can still create a neutral look, and a spring look with the pinkier shades, making it still a reasonable palette to have for the spring.  But that green would have been great for the winter.  Too bad it ended yesterday!


Pretty shimmers!


Couture - Silhouette - Statement - Pret-a-Porter  


Tres Chic - Editor's Pink - Glitterati - Ensemble

I very much like Glitterati and Couture!




The above is just me looking at the different gel liners I have and how they perform with my Face Shop eye liner brush.  The answer is very well.  Hands down my favourite brush to use with gel liners, and it was only a few dollars.  I don't really like using the sigma brush, and I don't like the ones that the Maybelline line comes with.  The Face Shop one just works.  It picks up enough product - and enough glitter as required.



No comments:

Post a Comment