Wednesday 28 August 2013

Collection: Beauty Bay Eyeshadow Hauling


So last Friday I finally received my order from BeautyBay.com - my second purchase from the site.  Free standard international shipping to Australia, and where you can access some Urban Decay products if you're nowhere near a Sephora.  Ah Sephora, Australia longs for you!  Anywho, there's a lot of other brands that aren't as accessible to Australia (at Perth at least, but my friend told me about some $3,000 eye cream sold at some store, so its not like we're devoid of luxury goods).  You do need to do a bit of research though, because although the products you can find here are usually priced lower, there are occasions that the products is a comparable price to Australia.  Shop smart!


First up, the Oz - Glinda palette from Urban Decay.  Bit behind yes, but I finally decided that I wanted it for long enough!  


8 lovely shades, and I feel that I could use this everyday (I don't mind shimmer in my life)


I'm particularly fond of this colour, South.  I'm absolutely rubbish at art, and don't really have a clue what colours are what and which tones are which, but I do know what I like!  They feel so smooth! 


Another item from Urban Decay, the Naked Basics palette.  A great convenient palette for those who do not embrace the glitters and shimmers as much as I do.  


Venus has a slight shimmer, but the rest are very matte indeed.  I like Naked 2 the best - blending colour.  I was also surprised at how dark Faint applied on my lids.  Did require a bit more blending, but is a great colour, once I figure just how much I need on my brush.  Its a great palette for work.


Its so cute in comparison to the other 2!  Its still quite a bit weighty for its small size, but definitely small enough to throw in the handbag... although there's no brush.  It would be nice if there was an applicator (not that I would use it - I prefer using my other brushes), but I guess the packaging would not be as aesthetically pleasing as it is right now.


Side by side size comparison.  I still prefer the original Naked palette of the 3 Urban Decay palettes(with theBalm's Nude 'Tude a close second for neutral shade palettes), but it will be great to mix things up with some mattes.


Final product I picked up was the Too Faced Pretty Rebel palette.  The packaging peaked my interest first.  So pretty!  Second was the range of colours that came in the palette.


There are shades to make an everyday look, and shades to make something completely different.


Like this one!  Such a pretty, vibrant pink!  I have certainly never owned such a colour before.  Only lipstick wise.  I'm looking forward to experimenting to see what works with this shadow.


Aren't they beautiful?  


A few swatches of colours that interested me most - they applied really well for one swipe!  So smooth!


Look at the amazing pigmentation of the silver and gold shadows, Jailbird and Instigator.  For comparisons sake, I've paired them next to the Maybelline Color Tattoos in Silver Strike and Bold Gold respectively.  Color Tattoo on the left of each pair, shadow on the right.  The way I pick up the colour is the same for each product - 2 tiny circular motions with the ring figure in the pan, one swipe to lay the colour.  Whether this is a fair way to compare them is up to the individual.  

Love all the products I've picked up - but if I were to pick favourites... Too Faced!  My first eyeshadow palette from them and I'm very impressed!  A really great product and its got me wanting to try the other palettes in their collection.  That's not to say I don't adore the Urban Decay products though!

No comments:

Post a Comment