Sunday 23 March 2014

Favourites Time - Feb/March Love

I didn't do a favourites for February, so I thought I would just combine the two months together.  Fun for everyone!  Be warned - lots of lip products.  There's a reason I'm the lipstick queen.


First up is my beloved Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream.  I have been experimenting with foundations for most of summer, and its nice to come back to BB cream.  I really think this is one of the best BB creams on the market.  It matches my skin tone really well, I like the jelly consistency, and the coverage is just right.  I've been using my Hera sponge for this, and its just a nice change in my routine.  Sometimes foundation, sometimes BB cream.  Weekends when I go out in the day, CC cream.  I'm about half way through my bottle. I'll probably repurchase when I go on holiday.



Favourite eyeshadow palette. Hands down.  I also tried the new Smashbox and Too Faced palettes, and I really like them too, but the Naked 3 is just amazing.  No words need to be spoken... just love.


I've really been enjoying these YSL lipsticks.  Such pretty colours, so so creamy.  I love them to bits.  Shame about the LE factor though... I don't want to lose them by taking them to work with me, so I've been layering them with similar colours in the Revlon Balm Stains.  I find that this way, I have colour that lasts to the end of the work day, which is really good.  (Side note - I recently found the new Matte and Lacquer Balms, and picked up 2 of each.  So far I like them, but still need to give them a good test run)  I really like the formula of the YSL lipsticks, and again, the luxury factor when applying... ah....



Been loving my Lip Glows from Dior - both Pink and Coral.  Its quite nice at that stage when your lipstick colour is slightly starting to fade.  


I've been liking these Elizabeth Arden lipsticks a lot too.  Its a brand that is definitely marketed for a more mature audience, but I quite like the formula!  I had originally bought one of the lipsticks for my mother, as she doesn't really wear makeup, but I want her to look pretty when she goes to Seoul.  Anyway, I ended up getting one for myself, the peachy nude colour on the right below.  I really liked it!  Pigmented, creamy and quite moisturising.  My mother quite likes the colour I bought for her as well.  I ended picking up another 2 lipsticks from them. I just feel its a shame that they're marketed towards a more mature audience.  They have some really pretty colours for everyone, although not as much of a bold variety like MAC.


Here are the swatches of the 3 colours I own - a coral, a pink and a nude.  Three of the four basic shades that you should have in a basic lipstick collection - the other being red.  Love them all.  Melon, Blush Glow and Cameo.  I recommend the Ceramide line - super creamy.  Blush Glow is from the Beautiful Color Moisturising line, and is a bit... stiffer? to apply.  It doesn't pull at the lips, but requires a bit more effort compared to the Ceramide formula.


Philosophy's hope in a jar has been good to me lately.  I've been using it in combination with my Missha Time Revolution White Cure Super Essential Toner (what a mouthful), and its been working out quite well for me.  My skin has been all over the place with the changes in weather, and this combination has really helped settle it down.

My final favourite is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, which I discovered a few weeks ago at the Pharmacy Warehouse.  They've recently opened a branch in the CBD.  Its not as good as the Face Shop cleansing water, but I like it slightly better than Bioderma, because the Bioderma tends to sting my eyes when I'm trying to remove my eye make up.  Its doesn't remove my gel liners as easily, but the non-stinging factor is a huge plus.

That's been it for the past two months!  I've recently been on an online spree - so far with Nature Republic and Skin Food.  I'm having them shipped to a relative's house so my mother can pick them up for me.  I am planning on getting things from Innisfree, Missha and Tony Moly.  I really like Missha's new Lotta colour line, and I'm very interested in trying Tony Moly's BCDation.  There will be oodles of Korean products for you to see.  

I also got some good news last week!  My annual leave has been approved and I will be heading to Seoul for SIX glorious weeks, from mid-December to nearly the end of January.  I might go to Japan for a week or so as well, but I'm very excited!  I was sighing an awful lot last week, and for some reason, had this terrible sense of homesickness.  I was telling my colleague in Melbourne, and she was telling me that I needed to get myself over there asap.  I do have to wait a fair while, but I'm sure it will be worth it!







.

No comments:

Post a Comment