Saturday 8 March 2014

Collection: Korean Haul with W2Beauty

Greetings!  I'm back again!  I said I was going to put more time into posting, and I'm going to stick to it!  I came home after dinner last night and there was a package waiting for me!  Yay!  I had ordered some Korean cosmetics from W2Beauty, run by Alice님.  You can go here  to check the site out.  They also carry some of the higher end cosmetics on this site, including Laneige and Banila Co, Hera and IOPE, to name but a few, as well as carrying the more well known road shop brands.  Its my first time purchasing with W2Beauty, and I did purchase all the items with my own monies - work hard, spend hard.  Well, spend moderately, but do spoil yourself time to time.  Without further ado, let's get started.


So, as you can see, almost everything was bubble wrapped,  except the 3 sheet masks which were included as samples.


Here is everything out of the box and unwrapped.  To be quite honest with you, I was expecting a box half the size of what I had received.  They were so generous with the samples, and some of them were full size gifts!  It was almost like shopping back in Korea!

Before we get into things, I would like to advise the main reason for this haulage was because I wanted some of the stuff that had been released over Christmas.  There were some really cute sets from brands which I hadn't really used the items that I'd ordered -  i.e. Innisfree lipsticks and liners, and Laneige lipsticks and shadows.  They were minis, so a great way to try them out, see if I like the colours and formulas, to buy full sizes later.  I don't know if its still available being March and all, but if you're interested, definitely have a look.


Clio Gelpresso Waterproof Pencil Gel Liners - I got 3, from the 'Bloody' line, Bloody Sweet, Bloody Angel and Bloody Devil. Bloody Sweet is my favourite to line my inner lower half of my eye, and in winter, I use all three in combination for a burgundy look.  Love my burgundy in the cooler months!  These are all repurchases, because I'm running low in the ones I bought from Korea.  Great formula and pigmentation.  Pricier than my favourite Holika Holika, but it really depends on your budget and preferences.  I do enjoy the Clio line quite a bit as well - they have some really pretty new pastel colours for spring now too.


Next up is this adorable makeup collection from Laneige - the Winterland Magic Makeup Collection.  The Christmas bauble design is so pretty!  


The set includes three mini lipsticks, a quad of eye shadows and a tiny dual ended applicator - sponge tip on one side, brush on the other.  



Here are the lipsticks 
Left to right, Beige Chiffon, Pink Garden and Blonde Coral
These are from the Silk Intense Lipstick line


Swatched - the colours are all in the general pinky peachy coral area.  It would have been nice if they maybe included a red in there, but the colours are quite flattering, and they're colours I'd probably pick up anyway.  I like the formula so far - super creamy!


Here are the swatches of the eye shadows - Pearl Light Pink, Pearl Pink, Pearl Coral and Pearl Khaki
All extremely shimmery but surprisingly pigmented, as you can see.  They're very smooth, and I've already created a couple of eye looks that I really like - the khaki colour works quite well with the other three shades.  Very nice for nights out on the town


Here is lipstick trio from Innisfree - the Mini Tint Lipstick Best Collection.  With festive Santa packaging.  Innisfree has really caught my interest lately - its all because of their mineral powder!  So, of course I wanted to try other things too!


Here they are - the colours are quite bright compared with the ones from Laneige.  The names are pretty interesting too!
From left to right Flower Bud Pink, Sweet Cocktail Pink, and Breezy Coral
(Please note some of the names are in Korean words, so I'm trying to translate it as best as I can)


Swatched.  Definitely a bit more variety in the colours - all very pretty though.  I'm pretty surprised they chose these colours for a Christmas set... they're more S/S colours.  But then.... what would I know?  Sweet Cocktail Pink is not a colour I would usually go for, but I quite like it!  You can sheer out the colour with a finger to make it a little more wearable, which is probably what I'll be doing.


My other great beauty love is of course eye liner - so here is the Mini Gel Liner Best Collection - a trio of liners from Innisfree.  


Adorable packaging right?  The three colours that come with this set are No2 Pink Champagne, No7 Brown Holiday Bag and No8 Sunset Burgundy.  I thought I had some swatches... but apparently not.  The formula is very smooth and creamy, and smudge proof.  Its a great little kit to try out the line, and I'll definitely be trying a few more of the colours. 


I have been searching for an online store that carries Banila Co for the longest time - and I've finally found a reasonably priced one.  Here's the first of two palettes that I ordered - Flash Eye Palette Shadow in Jessica Season 2.  Isn't the packaging just sooooooooooooooo cute?  Adorable right?  Jessica from 소녀시대 Girls Generation is the model for Banila Co, which is why its named after her.


Full of neutrals - you know I love my browns!  6 lovely shades, super smooth and good pigmentation.


Swatches - the shades don't have names unfortunately.  You can probably find shades like this in any neutral palette, but this one is really small and compact, so it would be great for travelling, or on the go.  It comes with a sponge tip applicator, so you can touch up any time.  


Meet Banila Co's The Great Love Eye Palette.  Inspired by the movie, The Great Gatsby.  Yes I know its a novel, but I'm pretty sure the shadows are from the movie.



Again, 6 shadows - Green khaki to deep purple tones.  Very pretty and you'd be able to create some glamorous looks with this palette.



I'm quite impressed with the purple - I find it hard to find a good pigmented purple that applies smoothly.  The shadow formula has impressed me quite a bit.  I think I'll look into more of them!


So those were my main purchases from the site.  In addition to my order, I received an amazing array of samples and gifts - here are just some of the extras I received.


A mini skin set from A'pieu - relatively a new brand in the grand scheme of things.  


A full size eyeshadow from A'pieu - Mineral Mono Shadow in BR02


Its a lovely shimmery brown!  I also received a nail polish from A'pieu, a nice coral/pink colour.


I'm most excited about trying this sample - its a cleansing balm from Banila Co.  I have tried cleansing oils and water, but no cleansing balms, and I've been intrigued ever since I saw it on Get it Beauty.  


A grape candy - Korea has the best grape flavours in the world.  Yes, I will be so bold to state this.  Completely yum.  This being said, I haven't had a real Korean grape in over 20 years... never in season.  So the candy will suffice for now.


An adorable pen from Banila Co - It will match my purple butterfly one from Holika Holika.


For all the K-pop fans, Super Junior M was on the Tony Moly sheet mask, so I'm guessing they're the latest male models for Tony Moly and its no longer JYJ.  Siwon is missing because he's the face of Mamonde, so he can't be on there.  

So, that brings us to the end of the this haul.  Overall, I'm very happy with my purchases, and very impressed with the service!  The items were packaged well, and the samples!  Oh my goodness, its been a while since I've received this many!  I would definitely recommend visiting W2Beauty - and there's free delivery!  Lots of different brands, and a great variety of products.  <3



No comments:

Post a Comment