Saturday 7 December 2013

Collection: BareMinerals

Christmas is just around the corner!  A lot of offices are having their Christmas parties (we had ours last night), and the shopping is still... so good.

Last week, one of the shopping complexes in the CBD was having sale, with all the stores offering a discount, or really good gift with purchase.  I did have my eye on a Marc Jacobs bag, but I'm saving for a MCM one next year, so I decided not to reach out that way.  However, I did go in a different direction at Kit Cosmetics.  Kit has its own section in Myer, so I usually buy lines they stock in Myer - just so I can amass points.  However, they were offering a significant gift with purchase, so ... I caved.

Here's part 1...



First up was this 8 piece set from BareMinerals - Bring on the Night
I am really enjoying this brand!  The pigmentation and easy application of the shadows are amazing.


This is the brush that is included in the set.  Oh my... its wonderful!  Of all the brushes that I've ever received within makeup sets, I would say this is definitely one of the best.  The bristles are soft, and not at all scratchy.  I used it with my Nars blush, and with even just a slight touch of the brush, you can pick up a good amount of product.  I didn't know this at first, and was really surprised!  Clown cheeks!  Luckily, I was able to blend it out.

Lash domination mascara - I'm not a big mascara person, but I look forward to trying this one out.


Marvelous Moxie lipgloss - a very pretty, shimmery pink.  I really like these glosses too!  I really like the minis that I picked up a few weeks ago, and I enjoy using them over the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains.

Three loose powder products - a finishing powder, an eyeshadow and a blush.  I haven't opened these yet, but the eyeshadow was so pretty when I swatched it.  Its one of those shimmery champagne beige sort of colours that I love.


Next up, an eyeshadow duo and a highlight powder

The duo comes with a shimmery medium brown and a shimmery purple.  Of course, the pigmentation is great!  It also comes with a small sponge tip applicator.  


Here's the highlight powder - when I first saw it, I thought it was a pink blush.  Could you blame me?  However, when its swatched, its a really pretty highlight with tiny gold glitters.  So pretty!


Next up is this Kiss & Tell Marvelous Moxie Lipstick set from Bare Minerals.  


It comes with 5 mini lipsticks - 3 permanent colours and 2 limited edition ones.  They're a great size to sample different colours, and the formula of the line.  I was hesitant before, because I thought the colours were a bit brown... clearly I was blind that day.


L - R: Speak Your Mind, Break Away, Get Ready, Go All Out, Be Bold 
Cute Names!


How much product is each tube ~


Be Bold is a lovely deep red


Swatched - great pigmentation and very smooth, easy application on the lips.

I was reading an interview with one of the cosmetic leaders from Dior - his thoughts on lipstick and colour were really interesting!  One of the questions the journalist had asked was whether there was a colour of lipstick that related to each period of time in a woman's life.  Basically, his reply was that lipstick colours related to each moment in woman's day, and you could not match a colour on any extended period of time.  I could definitely agree with that.  Sometimes you start the day a pale pink, and then its an orange afternoon!   



No comments:

Post a Comment