Tuesday 10 December 2013

Collection: Korean Haul Part 1 - Black Friday with Wishtrend

Hurray!  The first of my Black Friday order is here!  It would be kind of cool if the one of the other packages came on the actual Black Friday known to most as Friday the 13th - which just happens to be this Friday!  But anyway.... I would have received this yesterday... but the postman didn't find anyone at home... so my brother went down to the post office today to collect... 


So Wishtrend for Black Friday had discounts on a lot of their most popular items, including my favourite makeup wipes!   Yes, makeup wipes are what caught my eye first, and I ended getting 4 packets of them.  I also picked up some other items that I had had my eye on for a while, but was waiting for them to go on special...  So... onto the haulage.  Its a big one!



When you open up - the first thing you see are samples!  Most of these were skin care, although there was a sample of the Elisha Coy Almost Nuddy BB Cream.  Its a BB cream with a very light coverage, and I use it on good skin days when I just need a little colour correcting.  


I love that they don't skimp out on the bubble wrap!



So these are the makeup wipes - they're from a brand called Liz K, and I've gone through one and a half packets of this brand in the past year.  I've used them relatively sparingly, on lazy days following with cleansing water and then skin care.  Each packet comes with 30 sheets, and on sale they were $2-$3.  These are great because of the plastic lid, rather than the resealable sticker many other brands have.  The lid ensures that the wipes stay nice and moist, and no leakages if you throw them in a bag.  The wipes themselves can remove my waterproof liners without too much trouble.  Really good.  


Next up is the Elisha Coy CC Cushion.  I love my BB creams and CC creams, and this is one of those convenient pact types.  I wanted to try this out because its SPF50!  My colleagues think I'm silly, but I have a strong tendency to gain a new tiny mole each summer, and one of these years, I'm afraid it will be skin cancer.  My aunts asked me if I wanted to remove them in Korea, but I quite like the ones I have - I just don't want any more of them.


I also wanted it because it was paired with this Peach Water Aura Primer.  I'm on the search for the best primer... and so far, the best one for me is the Banila Co Prime Primer... its around $22... but it makes foundation and BB creams last so much better than my other primers, including the Porefessional primer from Benefit.  But, if there's an alternative - I want to know!


This is what it looks like... the texture is similar to the Maybelline primer... but hopefully works much better than that one.


Next up is the Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream from Klairs.  I enjoy the colour, and the finish of this BB cream.  Its also got a high SPF!  Very important with this summer of ours (I'm so sad I'm here and not in Seoul...).  This is a re-purchase.


This is the colour fresh out of the tube.  It blends in quite well with my skin colour.


Two Gels to get ready for summer - very soothing, and will help refresh the skin! The Aloe Gel is a re-purchase, I had received one in a previous Wishbox






3 hand creams from 과일나라 Gwailnara - or Fruit Land (loose translation).  Blueberry, Peach and Avocado.  I love my hand creams, and these were discounted too!  I've only tried the Blueberry one so far, and it smells wonderful! 


Next up are some waterproof gel liners from Makeon.  1 in Pearl Black, 1 in Espresso Brown and 2 in Burgundy.  I love my Burgundy!  Its an impossible colour to find in Australia, which is why I picked up 2.  Love the colours, they glide on and they are long wearing.


So the first 3 are from Makeon, the black, the brown and the burgundy.  The other two are comparisons of the other burgundy eyeliners in my collection (so far).  The fourth one is from Clio, and the fifth is from Nature Republic, for comparison.



A translucent powder from Ciracle


And another foundation - this one is from Mustaev - the Skinny Tint Foundation.  In the past, I have thought I was darker than I actually was, and I would always pick the wrong shade.  I have definitely done better this time, although the limited colour range probably helped a lot.  I picked up the shade in Bright Beige


For colour reference!  The Mustaev Skinny Tint Foundation is in the middle, MAC Mastermatch 1.5 on the left, and NARS Sheer Glow in Deuxville on the right.  The Mastermatch looks quite dark in comparison, but it does blend well into the skin!  I promise!  


I still have to give it a proper run on a day out, but so far, so good.  Hopefully it will wear well through an 8 hour work day, plus travel time.  


While I was picking up the foundation, I also decided to pick up the Water Bomb Base.  It should complement the foundation after all.


A small pump, and once it has been blended out.  It looks like it would a nice dewy finish, but we need to try it to make sure!  I'll probably give it the test tomorrow for the next couple of days.  It will be a good test tomorrow, because I'm thinking of attending the special Myer shopping event tomorrow night for limited members only.  I have a few gift cards available, but I just want to look more than anything.


Samples are in the big sample collection box.  I like pulling some out every so often to try out, and adding it to a list of things to buy.  You can see 소녀시대  Jessica on one of them

So that was part one of my Black Friday 2013 haul.  There's one more major Korean haul, as well a Sigma haul coming up as soon as I receive the packages.  So exciting!  I can't wait to share some new products, as well as a few favourites - if its repurchased, I definitely liked it.  Also, some nice new brushes.  I'll probably do a recap of some of my favourites for 2013 around Christmas/New Year as well.  I can't believe that 2013 will be over in 3 weeks time - crazy!





No comments:

Post a Comment