Saturday 3 August 2013

All Gone! and a few favourites ~

I've finally used up some items!  Hurray!  Granted, two were samples, but still!  They were pretty big samples!  I enjoyed using all of them, so its lucky that I do have full size products on hand, and a new one on the way soon.


This is part of the Time Revolution Essence set that I bought when I was in Korea.  It comes with a full size bottle of both the First Treatment Essence and the Night Repair, as well as large sample sizes.  The treatment essence sample is 30mL!  Despite having the full sizes, I decided on trying the sample sizes first, just because of a terrible experience I had with Shiseido back in my young uni days.  Fortunately, most Korean skin care products do not react negatively on me, but you can never be too careful!  I really liked using the First Treatment Essence.  I never get too many pimples, maybe 1 or 2 in a month or so, but using this is has reduced it even more!  


Little Miss Rabbit approves.  I'm currently on the full sizes - which will hopefully last me until my next trip back!


Next up is the BRTC Jasmine Whipping Essence.  I use this step between toner and moisturiser.  Whether this is correct or not, I have no idea.  Adds extra moisture, and I love the scent.  Very fresh, and very clean.  I tried looking for this in Seoul, but couldn't find it.  I could see almost else in this line, the sunscreen, primer, BB cream (which I also adore), but not this one.  But that's what the internet is for!

I did also use up an Etude House Proof 10 eye primer - well kind of.  The container has a weird shape, so I scraped out as much as I could..  Time to open a new one on Monday!


Now for a few favourites of late - Gel Pencil Liners.  Especially after trying some drugstore Western brands... I love these liners even more.  The first set are the CLIO Gelpresso Waterproof Pencil Gel Liners.  Amazing array of colours, and I like the glitter.  I'm still young, so a little shimmer is ok in my books.  Most of the liners I find in Australia are either matte or have bigger glitter particles.  They don't last as long as these ones either.


Holika Holika's Waterproof Eyeliners are also really good.  Where the Clio pencils are wide-up, the Holika Holika pencils are the traditional, good old-fashioned sharpening type.  Holika Holika also has a great range of colours with shimmers that last a long time too.  The latter is definitely a cheaper option though, but both are equally accessible.  I think an issue for some is drawing a sharp tail to their eye line, but I use an eye liner brush before it sets to sharpen the overall shape before going in again.  Particular favourites are the Olive Peridot from Holika Holika and Golden Khaki from Clio.  I can not find a colour like that here.  I'm also pretty excited because I've ordered the liquid liners from Holika Holika online - 11st.co.kr was having a "free" international shipping event, so why the heck not.  Unfortunately the event is over now.  I myself only found out on the last few days, and you had to make a purchase of 70,000W or more.  And you had to buy from sellers that would ship internationally.  So many restrictions.  But I managed to find some stuff that I had my peepers on, and I can't wait for it to arrive!

 

This is a single eyeshadow from the Face Shop in the colour 23 Toasted.   I have no idea why the hats have teeth, and to be honest, its kind of scary!  Its a nude-y brown colour, and its just nice to use on lazy days when I cannnot be bothered pulling out anything else.  Oddly enough, it is a matte, but I guess the eyeliners I've been using make up for it.


I leave you with a scene of the arcade/laneway next to my office building - London Court.  A popular tourist spot, I guess because its set like up like way back when?  Sometimes when you go out for lunch, its hard to get back in due to all the tourists taking photos.  This was taken on a lazy Saturday afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment