Monday 22 July 2013

Collection: My First NARS

Lunch time struck at the office today - and with no lunch plans but a desire to get out of the office, I decided to go out and have a look at what was at the shops.  There are a lot of stores unfortunately closing down to make room for the arrival of ZARA and TOPSHOP in Perth, so there are some opportunities for bargains.  There are also stores that can't reason with the ridiculous rental prices.  When I tell people in Seoul how expensive it is to live here, they don't believe me.  I don't want to believe it myself sometimes.  


Anyway ~ I headed to MECCA Cosmetica, which is a higher end cosmetic store, which carries lines that aren't found in the department stores here - NARS and STILA, for example.  And then I laid my eyes on this:


The VOULEZ-VOUS COUCHER AVEC MOI, CE SOIR? Eye and Cheek Palette, aka the longest product name, EVER.  Oh my goodness, that's a long name.  Its lucky most people are familiar with the song, Lady Marmalade - each person will have their own favourite recording.  When I saw the palette, I was very, very interested.  I've never owned anything from NARS before, although I have tested it many times, and heard almost everyone on youtube bang on about the Orgasm blush, but.. something has always held me back.  Maybe that its because its $45 a blush?  But that's not a valid argument, MAC isn't that much more affordable.  Hmmm.  For whatever reason, I didn't purchase any of their products.


Maybe that's why I was attracted to this palette?  I feel it will be a nice introduction into the world of NARS.  I can try 2 blushes and 4 eyeshadows.  Granted they are a bit smaller that the standard products alone, but you get the variety.  It comes in the same black packaging I'm sure many are familiar with.  I'm not sure how I feel about the packaging.  Its sleek and compact, but the material... 


Very pretty neutral colours I feel would look very nice on almost everybody!  The 4 shadow colours are MOLOKAI, ANTANANARIVO, LHASA and RAGOUN - all words that I can't pronounce.  Everything about this palette is a tongue twister.  I particularly liked the golden shadow in the top right.  The 2 blush colours are Deep Throat and Dolce Vita.  Beautiful.  I really like Deep Throat - definitely my kind of colour!  And Dolce Vita is definitely a colour for these cooler months.

Overall, I'm excited to start using this palette.  Really pretty colours, and I'll be able to see how I like the NARS brand.  My colleague loves it.  Maybe I was waiting for a palette... that's why I haven't tried it before?  I look forward to enjoying this product and trying other lines that NARS has to offer

SIDE NOTE:  I love my MODI Nails top coat more than my OPI top coat.  Super fast drying and far more affordable, only less accessible.  But that's what bulk shopping is for.  I'm currently wearing it over my L'cret nail polish, which is a glitter polish that dries matte, which in itself is a really pretty polish (even if it is a Christmas line).  However, adding the top coat has given it a whole new dimension and its super shiny and super pretty.  I love that I can use this nail polish before bed, and even if I nod off early, I can wake up with perfect nails, no dents!

No comments:

Post a Comment