Wednesday 30 April 2014

Favourites - April 2014 Short and Sweet

What a month!  Currently enjoying some annual leave time.  Sitting at home, watching tv, cleaning, chilling.... and I've just got my tickets to go to Melbourne!  In less than a month I will be sitting under the Melbourne sky.  Yay!   I also thought I might get into some favourites as it is now May... let's go!


려 Ryeo Shampoo and Conditioner.  Oh my god.  Heaven in a bottle.  I've been using this since I cut my hair, and it has brought so much life back into my locks.  It's amazing.  I picked up this set from the Korean grocery store, after the owner recommended it to me.  Words cannot describe.  I ran out of it and was using the standard western shampoos.  No no no.  It went back to being dry and blah.  The crazy thing is that the only real damage it gets is sun damage, because I usually just let my hair air dry... so why is it so dry?  I even tried some of the "Salon Recommended" shampoos, and honestly - they were absolute rubbish.  This stuff - amazing even after just the first use.  Smooth silky hair - and I think my hair is darker now that its a bit healthier.  Or maybe because its autumn... But I love this shampoo!  I'm just using the shampoo at the moment because the conditioner is out of stock, but even just the shampoo makes SUCH A DIFFERENCE.  I don't think I've been sooooooo excited by a product in a long time.   Just amazing.  I've even converted a friend!  She was also using the salon stuff, but she loved what it had done to my hair, and she loved the sample I had given her.  We're (im)patiently waiting for the next shipment.  

The only thing that may bother some people is the scent - it has a Korean herb-y scent that does fade but if you're sensitive to that sort of thing, you might not like it.  I personally do not mind it, and find it quite soothing


Next up is the Neutral Territory 2 palette from Clinique.  I can't put this one down!  I have been using this almost every day that I'm wearing makeup, and the only thing I feel it is missing for me is a shimmer like Stila's Kitten.  But otherwise, LOVE IT.  If I were to go traveling for a long weekend, I'd probably take this one palette with something like the L'Oreal Infallible shadow in Hourglass Beige.  I really like the shades Hazy and Black Honey - and I am strongly considering buying these as singles.  Maybe when I go to Korea... I like this palette as it stays within the neutral theme without being overly brown.  If you can find it, I highly recommend that you try it out.  Or at least some of the other Clinique shadows.  To be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with the Chubby Sticks, so I never really looked at any of the other make up items from Clinique, but this palette has definitely changed my opinion.


Banila Co Prime Primer - sorry for the stock photo.  I've been using samples of this while I wait for my mother to bring me my things (only a few more days now!).  Banila Co is my favourite for face primers - a little of the product goes a long way, and I've found it better for me than a lot of Western brands.  It just makes my face makeup wear a lot better, and has a little bit of oil control as well.  I've ordered the matte formula as well, so it will be interesting to see how they compare.  It is a silicone-y formula, which I know some people don't like, but I don't mind this one.  I apply to my T-zone beneath my BB Cream or Foundation.  I quite like Banila Co products - when I go home, I'll definitely be checking out more of their products.


Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder.  Is this what they call a holy grail product?  Quite possibly.  It looks good over everything!  BB cream, CC cream, foundation and I've been using it with the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm on weekends.  I think its amazing how these Korean companies are coming up with such wonderful products at such affordable prices.  Just simply amazing.  I've almost finished my first little container, and I think I've ordered just enough to tide me over until December.  Hopefully.  

That's it really. I changed the face game around a lot, different BB creams and foundations, and I was trying to wear a different lip colour everyday so there wasn't a particular favourite there.... I bought that many, I'm damn well going to use them!  I can't wait for my mother to come home - I missed her - especially since I've only spoken to her twice.   And I should have some reviews to share!  Stay safe <3






No comments:

Post a Comment