Friday 15 November 2013

Collection: Takashi Murakami for Shu Uemura 6♥ Princess




The weeks leading to Christmas are such a dangerous time.. so many pretty things.. like the latest collection from Shu Uemura.  I like cute, I like shiny, I love this collection.  Apparently Takashi Murakami has a new anime out next year, and this is inline with the new show.  I was walking through David Jones on my way back from lunch, and I had to stop.  


I narrowed it down to 3 items.  If I could, I would have gotten everything.  But beautiful things should be shared.  I got an eyeshadow palette, a lip/cheek cream and some cleansing oil.


This is the green cleansing oil in the limited edition packaging.  I don't know why the limited edition packaging costs less at Shu Uemura... at least at David Jones it is.  You would usually expect it to be the same price or more, so since I had heard that this was the cleansing oil to beat all others... I did it.


This is the pink eyeshadow palette - it contains pretty neutral colours, albeit they are of course very shimmery.  I love that the boxes are so pretty!


This is a lip and cheek tint sort of thing.  Of course I had to get a lip colour.


Let's start with the tint.


The colour I bought was in Princess Coral - beautiful colour for spring/summer.  I would have taken a swatch to show you, but it stains!  So I couldn't do it first, and then after the other shadow swatches I did my skin was not happy with me (I had a few palettes that I had amassed and swatched in one go - they are in posts to follow!)... so unfortunately no swatch.


Here is the eyeshadow palette.  Isn't it so beautiful?  The other palette had the black princess, but it had purple... and I almost never use purple... so... no.  


Pretty pinks and browns are the main feature of this palette, the shadows are so smooth.


Here are the applicators, which I don't really care for, but the sponge tip is pretty good for what it is.


Top row


Second row - love the coppery colour on the right.


Bottom row - the blush colour is such a sweet colour!


Here is the cleansing oil - which features both characters!  Gorgeous!

Free gift time!


So on the left is pin, featuring the character from a previous collection (I feel its left over stock, but that's ok), and a phone charm, featuring the character from this one.  So cute


The other gift was this cute tote bag.   Double sided!


I like the black side better, but both are adorable.  I've put it back in the plastic wrap, because I don't know when I would use.  The guy suggested that I use for the beach... but I don't like sunlight.  

Overall, I love the collection.  Whilst I was browsing, there was a girl who was a huge fan of Takashi Murakami, and she asked me if I did too... I just like pretty things, but I'm definitely considering looking into his works now.  Isn't it wonderful how the world works to introduce you to new things?

No comments:

Post a Comment