Saturday 9 November 2013

Collection: Philosophy - A New Hope?

With my next trip to Korea probably a year away now, its very likely that my skin care products will run out before I can replenish my stocks.  Yes, I could order it online, but I thought I would explore some products that I could get in Perth, and take advantage of the sets that have come out for Christmas.  I'll probably hold off using them until the new year, but the set I got looked really good, and I've been wanting one of the products for the longest time, so I picked it up after work on Friday night.


This is the Care Package from Philosophy - the best gift is sent from the heart.  You can find the set at David Jones, and I've only seen it at the Perth City store.  I couldn't see it at Garden City.  The cost is $130, and you get full size products, I believe. I'm not too sure in regards to the microdelivery peel system.  On the philosophy website it is selling for $85.00 (I'm assuming US dollars)


So, this set includes 6 items
- Purity 3-in-1 cleanser
- microdelivery daily exfoliating facial wash
- hope in a jar
- the microdelivery peel (2 step system)
- hands of hope hand and cuticle cream

I will go through the products, and list the RRP for each if you were to buy them separately.  I've done the maths in the store for a month now, so there are savings to be made!


purity made simple  3-in-1 cleanser for face and eyes 
240mL RRP $30.00
To remove makeup


the microdelivery exfoliating facial wash
240mL RRP $40.00
Speaks for itself


the microdelivery peel system
30g/30mL $??? - listed on the website at $95.00 but does not confirm size
another exfoliating product - I've tried this at the store, and it has a citrus-y scent

hope in a jar
60ml RRP $45.00
the infamous hope in a jar.  I have been fawning over it for the longest time, but couldn't justify the price tag for a skin care product I had never tried.  Hurray for gift sets.  I've only tried this on my hand several times, but it makes the skin on the back of my hand so smooth and hydrated... that I'm praying it will do the same for my face.


hand's of hope
30mL RRP $12.00
New hand cream!  This is probably the most affordable product in the line.  I hope its amazing like hope in a jar!

So, if we take the microdelivery set  is correct at $95, buying each item individually would set you back $222.00.  Effectively, buying the set saves you almost $100.00.  Great if you love the products already, and great if you haven't, because it gives you the opportunity to try some products that you might have hesitated to even consider with their individual price tags.  And of course, it would make a fantastic gift to a special someone!




No comments:

Post a Comment