Saturday 16 November 2013

Collection: bareMinerals

Before we start, you may notice a map in some of the photos.  Its my Seoul Travel Map!  I picked this up, not to work how to get places, but to see how far I had walked every day.   Please don't let it bother you ^_^.


So, recently, I was rewarded with a renewal of my Silver Status at Myer, indicating that I shop too much for my own good.  But, don't you worry.  I don't just spend all my hard earned dollars on makeup.  I buy clothes and things from there as well.  If Myer carries the line, then I will usually buy the items from the department store, just because of the rewards points and gift voucher returns.  If you're going to be spending the same money, why not get the $20 voucher at the end of the quarter?  Shop smart.


Here's an example.  Kit Cosmetics is kind of the sister store to Mecca Cosmetica, and has its own stand alone store.  Some of the lines they carry are Too Faced, Smashbox, and recently they brought in the Kardashian line.  Anyway, they also have a section in Myer, and with my new silver status, double points for the month of November!  I was pondering whether or not to get these before or after Christmas, but I never make it to after Christmas sales, soooo... I bought them in advance.  I might pick up something else from Myer before November ends, but this is what caught my eye.


bareMinerals Ready Convertible Eyeshadow Palette - I love my other bareMinerals shadow palettes, so I wanted to pick this one up, for the added colours, and its clever packaging.


smashbox The Master Class Palette 2 - My first smashbox product.  We'll look at this one in another post.


Here is the bareMinerals palette.


It features 12 eyeshadows.


The names of each shadow is on the back of each shadow.


Time for swatches - in groups of three.  Its in a an odd order, but please understand!  Its the nature of the palette.


This is the left column - top to bottom.  Stealth, Mixologist, Muse.  Stealth is very similar to my skin colour, but that's bound to happen


Here is the bottom row, in reverse order.  Custom Made, Hot Commodity and Max Volume.  I think my favourites from the palette, hands down.


Here is the top row, correct order.  Daydream, Embellish and Perspective.  Daydream is also similar to my colouring.  But I use colours like this to blend anyway.  I also really like Embellish.  Of course I do.


Right hand column - top to bottom;.  Panorama, Maven and In Vogue.  All the shadows are very smooth and pigmented, but you can see the Maven, a matte black, is the only patchy one.  Kind of disappointing, but all the other shadows are fantastic.


What makes this palette different to all the other palettes I own?  The fact that each eyeshadow can be popped out and re-arranged as you choose, and it doesn't matter where, because each name is printed on the back.  


The palette also pulls apart so that you have a separate, smaller palette, that you can fill your favourite colours from the larger palette, and slip it into your handbag.  I guess the concept of popping pans in and out is not a new concept, like the Urban Decay one, but that one isn't as friendly a bag size as this one.


Cute, yes?  Two things that are of note:

1.  The pans are very easy to push out, and they're kind of loose.  They won't fall out of the palette, but they can fall in, and this could damage the shadows (getting accidentally non-brush dents in powder products.. actually any product is a pet peeve of mine).  
2.  You would only be able to rotate the colours within this palette.  Which is fine for me, as these are the basic colours I work with, and I only occasionally deviate outside the neutral colour scheme anyway (Have you seen the photos for Naked 3?  I think I'm in love.  From the photos, I already love it more than Naked 1 and 2).  So, for those why enjoy a bit more colour, maybe you could miss this one out.  I don't think they would manufacture individual shadows to fit like Urban Decay.

Other than that, I love it.  As I mentioned before, the shadows are great quality, smooth and pigmented.  I do not like 'hard' eyeshadows, and I don't want to sit there trying to get the colour out of the pan.  I haven't tried anything else from them yet, but I would definitely recommend the eyeshadows.  Packaging aside, 3 for 3! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment