Tuesday 4 March 2014

Collection: 2014 S/S YSL & MAC Haul

정말 오랜만이네요... It has been a while!  I apologise for not posting during February - it was a busy month!  We had annual reviews at work, my baby brother celebrated his 21st birthday, and due to this dratted summer, the dermatitis on my arms was out of control.  Stress all round.
 
Luckily, this did not affect my face, and I was able to try a lot of products.  I'll be posting my Urban Decay haulage soon, along with some palettes from Smashbox and Too Faced.  I wasn't really able to swatch them before because I didn't want to show skin, but I'm almost fully healed now!  Back into things.

Today, I bring you my haul of new things from YSL and MAC.  I can swatch things now - so let's get started!  


The new MAC Mineralize Rich Lipsticks were released in Myer over the weekend - at the moment I've only seen them in the CBD, but I'm sure they'll be other locations soon.  I haven't tried this line from MAC before, but the colours looked so pretty... I couldn't resist!  I picked up 4 colours, and so far I'm quite impressed with the pigmentation and how nicely they sit on the lips.  They make my lips feel quite moisturised, which is always a plus, and overall, I think its a very nice formula.  


L - R: Grande Dame, Style Surge, Be a Lady, Good Taste

Aren't the colours pretty?  They are pretty spring/summer-y but we still have a good month of two left of warm weather in Perth, so they won't be too out of place on my lips.  


So the colours aren't too out there - you can sheer them out if you're not too comfortable with bold lips.  I still have to give them a whirl at work to see how long they'll last.  Hopefully a good 4 hours - enough until lunch time.  These were the colours that stood out to me most - but I may go back and have another look later in the week.

Next up are a few things new from the YSL 2014 Spring/Summer Collection.  Its hasn't been released officially yet in Australia, but the sales lady was nice enough to let me get in on the action before it was put on the shelves.  I had also picked up one of the new Gloss Voluptes.


So I picked up two of the new lipsticks - I love the packaging!  There is just something so luxurious about YSL lipsticks.  I picked up 32 Jealous Coral and 33 Pink Neillia


32 Jealous Coral - such a cute name!  Beautiful Colour.  


33 Pink Neillia - I don't understand the name - but I love this colour too!


Pink Neillia on the left and Jealous Coral on the right.  
They're very creamy and so lovely on the lips.  There's also a red and a fuchsia, but they didn't look that good on me, so I passed.  See, I do know my limits.


Next up is this beautiful eyeshadow palette.  Isn't just so pretty?  Its my first high end shadow palette, and its amazing.  The colours are really pretty, and I'm so glad that they brought out colours that would be flattering on a lot of skin tones.  Lovely and shimmery.


Ooooooooh.  넘 예쁘다!!!  Cannot wait to try this out.  The shades were quite sheer when I swatched them at the store, but I think sheer washes of colour are really pretty in spring.  I think this colour palette would be quite popular in Korea.


Finally, the Gloss Volupte in 3 Rose Fusion.  I couldn't swatch it properly because of all the reflection.  But its a beautiful gloss - not too sticky, and you can wear it on top of lipstick, or on its own.  I really like it, and I'm not that into glosses.

So that is the YSL and MAC haul - Its a bit all over the place, but it will take a bit of time to get back into the swing of things.  




No comments:

Post a Comment