Sunday 2 February 2014

Favourites: First of 2014!

여러분!  새해 복 많이 많이 많이 받으세요!
Happy Lunar Year to you all - may you have a prosperous year of the horse.  We don't really have much extended family in Perth, so our celebrations are short and sweet, but its still nice that we can all sit down and have breakfast together.

Meanwhile, I can't believe that January is over already.  Time sure does fly!  Signs of aging perhaps?  I met some Korean people the other day, and I had come to the realisation that my Korean age is almost 30.  It cut me deep.  On the upside, less waiting time for my next trip to the motherland?  I can't wait to go back!

So, I wasn't going to do a favourites post, but I have really been liking the following, relatively new-ish, products, so I thought I'd share!  I still have to compare the BB creams and Korean foundations, and I'm also considering a post about Korean products to try for under 10000W - which is around $10, give or take the exchange rate.  The good ones of course, not the duds.  I'm compiling a list, and checking the prices, which may or may not be interesting for people?  That will probably come up next week.


 Let's start with the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel.  This has made the Australian summer SOOOOOO much more bearable.  The dermatitis on my arms really flared up this summer, and it was absolutely terrible.  No matter how much I avoided the sun, or how much lotion I applied, my arms were so dry and itchy.  I don't really find this moisturising, but it really calms and soothes the skin.


I have really been enjoying the MAC Huggable lipstick line - another great formula from MAC~ I do like my sheer lipsticks, and these are just so easy to wear!  They don't dry out your lips, and the formula is forgiving if you have forgotten to exfoliate!  I really want the weather to change so I can get into those darker colours!


I'll leave the house with MAC on, and then apply this around lunch time - I really love this Dior Lip Glow in Coral!  I also picked up the pink one, which is also really pretty, but the coral is definitely the winner here.  I would probably recommend the coral over the pink - but that's just because I think I look better in corals in general.  My friend liked it on me so much, she picked up one for herself too.


I've also been enjoying these Tony Moly Tok Tok Tints - great pigmentation and lovely scent.  So easy to use.  I like to use this on casual days and after lunch - this was what I would apply before I purchased the lip glow.


I've really been enjoying these Etude House palettes - and I'm really surprised with the pigmentation and how long it can last on my lids!  I actually like them more the palettes from Clio and Banila Co - which is a surprise, considering that the other two are more mid-range Korean brands.  The only let down is the packaging, where the pans are a tiny bit loose.  But other than, no complaints!


I also like this Jewel Light All Over Shadow stick from Holika Holika.  The whole Jewel Light collection is fantastic, just can't get enough!  I use this on the inner lower third of my eyes, like a 눈물라이너 tear liner sort of thing.  It stays put all day and applies really smoothly.  I'm looking into purchasing some of the other colours as well.


I've been using this blush every single day since I've got it - its so pretty!  I'm really glad I picked it up!  The NARS Sex Fantasy is a lovely every day blush.  The only thing is that it is very powdery, and I'm worried its a waste for all the flecks that don't make it to my face... I am ridiculous.  I really like this blush, and I'm probably going to try and see if there are any similar dupes for when I run out.  Why can't they just make everything permanent?  (I know why - I studied economics... but this reason upsets the consumer in me)


My favourite cleansing water ever - I like it better than Bioderma (which you can now buy in Australia - Priceline!  Even though you pay more for less).  Don't get me wrong, Bioderma is a great product as well, but I just prefer this one.  More affordable, and it seems to work better for me.  All my face make up comes off really easily, and this removes waterproof eye make up easily as well.  With the Bioderma, sometimes I need to go back a couple of times to really make sure it comes off.  This is the best cleansing water I have tried so far.


I have been using the Skin Food Cleansing Oil almost every day.  On lazy days I will use the water, but for proper cleansing I will use this one.  I'm almost at the bottom of it now, but I would definitely re-purchase this one (when I go back.  I have other cleansing products to tide me over I think).  I have the Shu Uemura one, and in terms of cleansing, I think they do the job equally well.  After rinsing, I will always follow with a cleansing foam, just to make sure I remove any oily residue (I have heard people not rinsing after using an oil.  No.  You should be rinsing.)  I don't have much from Skin Food, but its a brand I'll be looking into more.

So, those are the favourites for January.  Some of them have only been with me a week, but they've blown me away so much, I couldn't wait until the end of February.

I'm going to make a list of travel musts before I head to bed.  Last night I had a dream I was going to Korea, and had not packed anything.  Its 10-11 months till I go, but that dream shook me so much - I was shaking when I woke up.  I don't know why.  I think the biggest thing was that I didn't have my laptop with me.  I was reasoning with myself, I can buy clothes, I can buy the make up - but my computer!!!  I seriously have problems.  Too much work?

Until next time ~ stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment