Saturday 9 February 2013

Collection: MAC, Urban Decay

Some of my more recent cosmetic purchases that I've had my eye on for a while, and finally purchased as a late Christmas gift to myself.  I've told myself that these are the last makeup related purchases I'll make until my holiday to Seoul for Easter, but we'll see how long that lasts!


Two MAC Cremesheen lipsticks.  The one on the left is Pure Zen, and the one on the right is Sunny Seoul.  I had never really thought much of lipsticks, until I left my MAC Sheen Supreme lipstick in my car during a 4 day heat stroke.  It fallen out of my bag and I thought I had lost it, but it had been sitting in there for about 4 almost 4 days when each day was around 40 degrees.  It hadn't melted into a puddle, and still works fine.  On the other hand, I had a Benefit lipstick, and that's been in my bag in the summer (but not left in direct sun), and its softened a lot during the heat, and the base is kind of bent.

I really like both colours.  Pure Zen is a very nice nude-y colour, and I think out of all the nude lipsticks that I've tried, I like this one the best.  It almost makes my lips looker younger.  Could be pure delusion, but I like to think that it does!  Sunny Seoul is a nice bright pink, and its nice way for me to experiment with some brighter colours.  There are a few more colours that caught my eye, but next time.


The famed Urban Decay Naked Palettes.  Impossible to get in Australia, so I got mine from BeautyBay.com.  A UK site, but the prices were far more reasonable than some of the sites in the US, and they have free shipping.  For each one I paid AUD$54.87(which is far better than $70+) and it came within 2 weeks!  I can now understand what everyone on the internet has been nutting on about for past few years!  Good pigmentation, lovely selection of neutral colours.  With these two and my Nude 'Tude palette from the Balm, I don't think I'll need another brown shadow for some time to come!  

The original of course comes with the mini Primer Potion, but I don't think I'll use it - probably give away to a friend.  I've tried it before, and to be honest, I much prefer the Etude House Proof 10 Primer.  Much easier for me to purchase, and I think the shadows last longer with the Proof 10 primer.



No comments:

Post a Comment