Sunday 26 May 2013

Collection: Mascara

I'm trying to make time to upload photos - but sometimes I'm just too tired after work.  But I managed to find some time to do that today ^_^

I have never really used mascara - only for special occasions, when I wasn't wearing glasses.  Because it would always rub off on the lens, and who needs that?  Now that I've switched to being a contacts person, with glasses for down time, I have the freedom to wear mascara, but it has been a case of 
a) not being bothered - eyeliner is enough for daily makeup 
b) the mascara not being able to keep the curl, and I'd end up with mascara smudge everywhere.

However, whilst in Korea, I decided to give mascara another go.  Mascara in sold in Korea would have to work with Korean lashes yes?  I bought 3, Tony Moly, Missha and Majolica Majorca, a branch of Shiseido.  The Majolica Majorca was purely because I saw it an ad in a magazine, and was intrigued  by the brush.  


So far, I have only tried the Majolica Majorca.  


Next to Squeak, so one can approximate the size.  He's from one of the Sonny Angel series... so if you are familiar with how big they are, you can sort of guess-imate how big things are.  The packaging is very pretty!


Here's the brush - in the ad they were positioned like branches in a forest.  You can see some of the fibers on the bristles.  For the most part, I like it.  I've worn it for about 6-7 hours, and its managed to hold the curl really well, and its waterproof.  It lengthens the lash, and helped me discover lashes I didn't know I had!  The only thing was that was a little hard to remove afterwards.  It was a bit more difficult than removing my waterproof eyeliners, that last a similar time, but come off really easily with cleansing oil/water.  

For the most part though, I do like this mascara.  I think I bought it at Olive Young in Seoul, otherwise it was Watsons... but I'm 95% sure it was Olive Young.  I probably wouldn't like it as much if mascara was something I wore everyday, because the hassle of removing it would be just too much, but as I wear it maybe once or twice a week, I would say that its ok.

I will try the other two down the track, once this one dries up.

No comments:

Post a Comment