Sunday 8 September 2013

Collection: STILA & DIOR

As spring has kinda sprung, I have had to say goodbye to some products, and Australia has said hello to a new Prime Minister.  Like the majority of Australians of voting age, I headed down to the local polling booth and cast my ballot.  I actually went with my father, who told me to hurry up with my pencil scratchings so we could go home.  I must say, the number of political parties available since the last election seems to have increased significantly.  I don't remember having that much choice before.  In fact, the reason my father told me to hurry up was because I was reading all the minor parties...

In regards to the results?  Disappointing, but I can't say I'm not surprised.  I can see why Australia voted the way it did.  We'll just have to see how the next 3 years turn out.

Anyway.

I've used up my Nature Republic Aqua - Super Aqua Max  Combination Watery Cream and my The Face Shop cleansing water.  I'm sad about the cream, I loved the fresh clean scent.  I still open the empty jar to get a last whiff of the smell.  Its now been replaced by the Nature Republic Multi Perfection Max Cream, in combination with the Nature Republic Mist Essence.  I'm definitely going to pick up another jar when I go to Korea next year!


I've had my eye on this palette for the longest time... and I finally bought it.  The Stila In the Light eyeshadow palette.  Did the math in the store, and after the 100th visit... I did it.


Its a permanent item, and comes with 10 neutral shades, and an eyeliner.  I think its kind of odd that they didn't include a brush, but I don't use palette brushes anyway.  Much happier with the liner.  Lots of shimmer for the Korean in me, and some nice mattes too!


I mostly wanted the palette for this shade - Kitten.  Soooo smooth, and it reminds me of my favourite shade from the Nude'tude palette, Stand-Offish.  Not as pink, but still beautiful.


Bubbly looks similar, but is more golden.  I can see myself dipping my brush into this one a lot!


Sunset is in a similar shimmer family, also very smooth in swatching.  I swatched the Nars palettes again when I was looking at the Stila, and they feel very dry and hard.  Definitely a pass this time.


This is the top row - Bare, Kitten, Bliss, Sunset, Sandstone


This is the bottom row, Bubbly, Gilded Gold, Luster, Night Sky, Ebony and the Smudge stick Eyeliner in Damsel.


My 3 favourites together.  So gorgeous.  I do love that Kitten!

In terms of colour, I want to say that this palette is a mix between the original Naked palette, and Nude'tude.  You do only get 10 colours instead of 12, but still - that's a lot of colour!  Price wise, the Nude'tude is more affordable, but you get less product for more colours.  You can't really compare the price to the Naked palette in Australia, seeing that its not readily accessible here.  A comparison that can be made is the weight, with the Stila having 0.1 grams more for each.  I can't say I would recommend any palette over another, we all have varying budgets and needs, but they'd all be fine additions to a collection.


I also picked up a new Dior lipstick to celebrate spring - and the fact this is a permanent item!


028 Mazette - there were a few other colours that caught my eye, but I'm going to give this one a bang first, and then see how we go.


The packaging is different to the Extreme lipsticks I have, but still pretty!


I love the embossing.


I love the colour!  It was between this and a YSL glossy stain, but this won in the end!  Lovely bright pink for spring.

 

Next to Feed the Senses - a great colour for Autumn... next year.  I can't wait to give them a workout!

Edit 10/9:  I've used the products for a few days now - and I love both the eyeshadow palette and the Dior lipstick.  The lipstick lasted quite a few hours, even with me eating and drinking - it wore off during lunch though.  So maybe 5-6 hours?  I like it!  Great for spring, although we seemed to have relapsed back into winter.  The eyeshadows are great, and at the 12 hour mark today, I've experienced no creasing when using it in conjunction with the Etude House Proof 10 Primer.  I'm so happy that I invested in it.  Definitely recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment