Thursday 19 September 2013

Collection: Happy 추석 with MAC and YSL

So, today is Korean Thankgiving, a time known as 추석 chuseok.  In a nutshell, its autumn, its time to harvest things for winter.  My family, despite living in Australia, still carries on traditions in typical Korean fashion, in fact, sometimes even more so than my relatives in Seoul.  But I enjoy the occasion, and remembering my grandparents during this time.


I managed to buy a few things, as I had a 10% off beauty items voucher that was valid through September.  Hurray!  I had my eye on a few permanent items from MAC, and I've been wanting to try the YSL Glossy Stains for the longest time, especially when I had swatched it and it remained on my hand for a day or so!


From MAC - a blush, an eyeshadow and a lipstick.  None of them really coordinate together... but they're all colours that I was looking for each part of the face.


Sheertone Blush in Peaches - I love peachy, coral shades for my cheeks.  So naturally, Peaches!


This is Cranberry, frost finish.  I've been looking for a deep burgundy colour, and its quite hard to find!  Eyeliner wise, I have several from Clio, Makeon and Nature Republic, but no eyeshadows!  It is an autumn/winter colour... but it seems that Perth hasn't escaped the grips of winter just yet, so it will get a bit of a work out before the season changes


The colour is not as deep as I wanted, but its really pretty in itself.


Next to Alice Copper from theBalm's Balm Jovi palette - the closest thing I had to a burgundy... even though its showing up quite brown in the photo.  Somewhere in between these two would be wonderful!  I did notice that Calvin Klein also had a similar shade to Cranberry.  I might check it out before my coupon expires!


Next up is an Amplified lipstick - Chatterbox.  There was actually another colour that I was looking at, but it was just in a different finish to Girl About Town, so I went to this one.  Pretty pink.


Apparently tomorrow is Pink Lipstick day at work, so I guess I have just one more option?


So pretty!  The thing that gets me about MAC lipsticks is the amazing range of colours and finishes - I can really appreciate it now.  I'm rather blah about the other items in their collections - I don't use foundations, I'm not really a gloss person, and I usually stick to neutral shades for my eyes.  But I love the lipsticks and blushes.



My first Glossy Stain!  This is 103 Pink No Taboo.  I was having a case of the shakes, so I used the anti-shake setting on my camera.  Look how it glows!  So pretty!


I like how the applicator tip is pointy.  I'm really surprised at the staining power - even after only a few seconds on the skin.  Pretty amazing.  But I'm not too big a fan of the scent.  Is it because I'm only used to the candy, grape scents of Korean cosmetics?  Maybe.  But its not too bad.  It goes away.


I like things that shimmer.  I am so tempted to get another, because I really do like this one... but they're a bit more pricey in comparison to the MAC.  I'll resist for now... but I can't make any promises come Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment