Tuesday 1 April 2014

Collection: Nudes with Clinique - Neutral Territory

Thank god March is over and done with.  What a HORRIBLE month.  Just so much stress at work... so much so that my nails started breaking and peeling and they're not growing ㅠ.ㅠ  But April is here now, and I have been shopping.  Mostly as stress relief.  Pretty things make me feel better.  I have a lot of things to show you, but I thought I might give everything a good run before sharing them here.  First is this pretty little eyeshadow palette from Clinique - Neutral Territory 2


Here is the packaging - very sleek, mirrored packaging.  Its very understated in the way it presents itself.


8 pretty little neutral shades - that are all very wearable!



And swatched - so pretty!  The lighter shades are pretty, but its the deeper half of the shadows that really get me.  

Neutral Territory is a great selection of neutrals from Clinique - and its the first eyeshadow that I've tried from them.  I'm honestly quite impressed, because I really did not expect much from the cosmetics side of the brand.  When I think Clinique, I think skin care more than anything.  The pigmentation and smoothness of the shadows really impressed me, and it makes me wonder why no one has really talked about Clinique up until now with the spring blushes.  Completely overlooked.

I'm not really sure if this is limited edition or not, but the store I went to only had one left!  The shades are not new though - I believe that you can get some of the shades as singles, and others feature in duos and quads.  So, if you're not able to find this palette, I would definitely recommend some of their other eyeshadows.  My personal favourite is Black Honey, which is that lovely brown second from the right.  They are shimmery - you can see in my swatches, but in some of the swatches I've seen online its not as obvious.  But, they're just shimmery enough without being overbearing.  

I know the last thing I probably need is another neutral palette, but this one from Clinique is a little gem in its own right.  Beautiful shades, and its cute compact size will make it great for travelling.  If you don't have access to brands like Urban Decay, Lorac or Smashbox - check this one out.  Neutrals are a basic essential I feel, and this one fits the bill quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment