Saturday 15 March 2014

Collection: Naked Yet Again with Urban Decay

I finally got the Naked 3 palette early last month, and I have to say - I love it!  I've been using it all the time, and I think this might be one of my most favourite palettes ever.  I am late in the game, because I know all the youtube gurus were going on about it in there 2013 favourites, but I just could not find a place that had it in stock!  I finally ordered it from BeautyBay, and when it finally came... 


The packaging.  I must say, I am glad that they took the palettes in the direction of the Naked 2 and not the cardboard packaging of the original Naked palette.  The cardboard and dust attracting fabric of the original is definitely not missed in the later incarnations of the Naked line.  I'm not sure I like the textured thing that they've got going on, but it doesn't bother me either.  


The beautiful eyeshadows.  I really like the colours in this palette, and the thing I love most is that each and every colour in this palette is a colour that I would use.  In the other two, I never used the black shadows.  Yes, only one colour, but still.  I love all the shimmery shades, but the mattes are also very pretty too.  Particular favourites are the colours Dust and Buzz.  I will darken the corners of my eyes with either Darkside or Blackheart.  

I am really surprised at how much I adore this palette.  I usually stick to golds and browns, and of course my winter burgundy, but I always felt pinks were for people with cutesy faces... not so!  I love how smooth and pigmented the colours are too.  Urban Decay has done it again!

\
I also picked up this mini liner set from Urban Decay, just so I could get an idea of the formula, because I've seen quite a few people swear by them. For the most part, I like them, but do prefer my Korean liners.  These are great to through in my bag for touch ups, and a nice size for travel too.

I've applied for all my leave this year.  I'm hoping to have a weekend in June in Melbourne, to catch up with some friends and soak up some good food and culture.  And then... 6 weeks in Seoul!  I know it seems a bit excessive, but I just want to spend some time surrounded by people that look like me.  I might go to Japan for a week and stay with some friends and relatives during that time... and go husband hunting.  Last time I made excuses when people hit on me in Korea... but I'm approaching that age where I shouldn't be so picky.  Sigh.... I even went to a fortune teller, who told me that I would meet the "one" once I crossed over water.  I just don't know which way.  He must be in Korea still because he's certainly not here.

No comments:

Post a Comment