Sunday 24 November 2013

Collection: Color Me Glossy with Stila

So, on my visits to Mecca Cosmetica for my samples of foundation, I did make a purchase as well.  I like the Stila Lip Glazes, but at $36 a pop, its hard to justify buying them.  However, last year for holidays 2012, they brought out a great set of 8 glosses which let me try them for an affordable price.  Last year's collection featured 2 permanent colours, with the other 6 limited edition with Christmas themed names.  


This year, Stila has brought out a new holiday set of their lip glazes, this time for a set of 9!  All for $50 (Australian).  Amazing value, especially if you enjoy this line.  If you think about it, you're essentially getting each lip glaze for under $6 each.  I'm not sure what the quantity comparison is with the normal line, but its still a good deal.  I was really hoping that they would bring out another lip glaze collection, and that wish has been granted.


Isn't the packaging so pretty?  I love the brown paper look.  The only thing about the box is that its thicker than it needs to be, as there's a plastic tray included.  I don't know what its for.  It looks like a box of coloured pencils or crayons - I love it. 


Here's a list of the colours - I believe that Cranberry and Passion Fruit are the only colours that feature in the permanent collection.  


When you open it up, the nine glazes are packaged in groups of 3 - reds, pinks and neutrals.  So you can give them as a gift as a full set, a set of 3, all packaged, or you could break them up even further and give each gloss individually as well!  For example, Secret Santa on a budget?  If you have a gift limit of $10, you could give a gloss and maybe a small other gift, but the actual value would be so much more.  (I like giving useful gifts to people - its hard to find quality gifts like that here in Perth)


This is a close up of the label - isn't it adorable? 


So this is what they look like - if you're not familiar with them, you twist the bottom to push the product into the brush.  The initial use is always the most difficult - it takes forever to push the product up, but its fine after the first application.


A closer view - I don't want to swatch these because it would take forever to wind up all the products, and I don't want to remove the pin seal on all of them just yet.  

From top to bottom: Passion Fruit, Kaleidoscope, Amaretto, Strawberry Cream, Wildberry, Dazzleberry, Melon, Persimmon and Cranberry.

These glazes can be used over a lipstick, but they're also great on their own.  My personal favourite from this collection is Dazzleberry, in the line of bareMinerals lip gloss in Femme Fatale.  I really wish it was winter in Australia right now, so I could really make the most of that beautiful colour... The lip glazes have a sweet, candy kind of scent and can be slightly sticky.  The scent doesn't bother me too much, nor the sticky sensation, but might be something to be wary of if you're sensitive to these things.

All in all, a great set to pick up, either as gift for yourself or someone.  

I have one more thing to show you from the holiday 2013 collections and then maybe I can do a final review?   There are a lot more things out there, but I've only picked items that I'm interested in, and can see myself using consistently in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment