Saturday 23 November 2013

Testing Time: Foundations NARS vs MAC

I usually the queen of the BB/CC cream, and haven't really had much luck with foundation.  Mostly due to colour.  I could never really find a colour that matched my skin tone as well as my BB creams could.  I realised of late that its probably due to the fact that I was looking at more drug store brands, and sometimes the colour ranges can be limited.  So I've set on a mission to test some higher end foundations.  First candidates are NARS and MAC.  I'm looking for a light/medium coverage foundation, as I don't really get too many blemishes, and heavy coverage would be difficult to deal with in summer.


I've heard a lot of good things about the NARS Sheer foundation but couldn't decide between the Sheer Matte and Sheer Glow.  So I went down to Mecca Cosmetica, which I have been frequenting on a regular basis during November, and received a sample of the Sheer Matte in Deauville, and a sample of the Sheer Glow in Punjab.  

Deauville is described as light with a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones, whilst Punjab is medium witth golden peachy undertone.  In terms of colour, I think Deauville is the best colour match for me, and in terms of finish, I prefer the Sheer Glow formula.  It wears better throughout the day for me, and the matte formula did get a tad cakey towards the end of the working day.  I do love how the smallest amount will actually go a long way, and I also love that it didn't provoke any adverse reactions to my skin.


MAC always has a wide range of shades, so that was my next port of call.  The girl recommended the Matchmaster foundation for me, and provided me with samples in shade 1.5 and 2.0.  Its supposed to be a demi-matte finish with medium coverage.  Its supposed to work with your skin's undertones for a 'personalised finish'.  I'm not done testing these, but I think the colours are a bit more pinky in comparison to the NARS ones?  On my face a bit yellow?  Hmmm.. I do like the finish though.  1.5 is a better match for me than 2.0

I think I'll probably get the Nars Sheer Glow in Deauville.  I might even try the Mastermatch 1.5, but Deauville is a definite winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment