Thursday 21 November 2013

Collection: Christmas Goodies Stila & BareMinerals

Dilemma - what to do during your lunch break?  Of course you eat, but what else is there to do?  With all the pretty displays out, I go shopping.  Come January, it will be too hot and all the Christmas things will be gone, so my parents and my wallet will be relieved.  Although I've kind of shopped myself out now.  후...

Here are some things from Myer and Mecca...


stila smudge sticks!  Of all the 'western' brands I've tried, this is one of my most favourite eyeliners.  I really like the one included with the 'in the light' palette, even if it wasn't in the shimmery style that I usually like from my eyeliners.  The formula just works for me.  The only thing is... I cannot justify the cost of buying one by itself.  


However, this festive season has brought out a collection of the smudge sticks in a silver tin.  The price in Australia is $54.  


That's $54 for a set of 5 eyeliners, which usually retail for $32 each.  So, its basically for the price of one and two-thirds, you get 5!  Yes please!


Five colours are included (from left to right) - Stingray, Lionfish, Aubergine, Navy and Emerald.
Stingray is a matte black
Lionfish a brown with shimmer
Aubergine is described as a burgundy (with a bit of shimmer), but looks slightly purplish?
(Smashbox take note - this is the colour I expect when you call something Aubergine)
Navy speaks for itself
Emerald is a matte green

As you can see, the liners are very pigmented, and are very easy to apply.  They glide on smoothly, and are long wearing.  Highly recommend if you can get a good deal on them!  For fellow beings residing in Australia, BeautyBay is the place to buy them online individually, if you're looking for a reputable online seller.  However, for this particular set of 5, Mecca Cosmetica will save you ~$6.  Savings are savings, and in this day and age where you have options - use them.


Next up, the Show Me the Shimmer Moxie lipgloss set from bareMinerals.  I did have a look at the mini lipstick set that they've brought out, and although very cute, I can't say  that I liked the colours all too much.  I think I only liked one colour?   But these glosses looked so pretty, and can be used all year round.


Six glosses, from left to right
Crowd Pleaser
Super Star
Scene Stealer
Icon
Head Turner
Femme Fatale


Here's the applicator.  I like sponge tips for lip glosses more than the little brush types that some brands have.   These smell really good, like dinner mints!  It also gives a nice tingly feeling to the lips.  It is sticky, but doesn't feel too greasy.  They all contain a LOT of glitter though, so its best to avoid if you're not into that sort of thing.


Crowd Pleaser


Super Star


Scene Stealer


Icon


Head Turner


Femme Fatale - my favourite!  The colour is so beautiful, and is really pretty by itself.   Its such a pretty colour for a night out. 



Swatched from left to right.  On my lips, they look pretty as they are, but you can always pair them with a lipstick to add a little sparkle.  Price wise, at $38.95, I feel its pretty reasonable for 6 mini glosses.  I'm not sure what the volume comparison is, but a full size gloss is $26.95.

Great prices for both sets - and the lip gloss set would make a great gift for the festive period.


No comments:

Post a Comment