Saturday 28 December 2013

Collection: Boxing Day Sales

December 26 - Boxing Day!  The biggest shopping day in Perth.  Its the first time I've actually ever ventured out for the sales, mostly because I cannot be bothered dealing with stupid shoppers.  The ones that bring their fussy children into department stores, or drag their boyfriends to look at every single thing in the store.  I decided to brave them this year because the Riri MAC holiday was being released.  Better late than never!


The first thing I picked up was this Marc Jacobs Dot perfume gift set.  I think the lady bug print is super cute!


It comes in a pretty case - which actually feels quite sturdy!  I might use it when I travel - to store my makeup in check in luggage.  When I go to Korea, I always go for at least a month, so I like to take my everyday stuff, and buy the rest there.  It got a bit out of control last time, so putting things in here might make it easier to bring home.


Anywho, the set contains the perfume itself (love the packaging), a travel size of the perfume in a roller ball, a shower gel and body lotion.  Having the travel size will be great for the handbag, as I'm now running out of the perfumes I picked up in Korea.


So here's the Riri stuff.  I only wanted 2 lipsticks and the bronzer, because I'm into that now.  All a part of the beauty journey, I suppose.


So here is the Love, Rihanna Bronzing Powder.  I liked the one from the previous collection, and decided that I would like this one too, from the swatches I had seen on Temptalia.  I am not fond of the packaging on this one though.  The white plastic looks a little.. cheap?  I think they could have done a bit better here.


Nonetheless, the product itself is very nice.  


Swatches!  I think for everyday looks, you can use the matte bronze base, and then you can also sweep your brush over the shimmery 'R' to add a nice glow to your face.


Here are the two lipsticks that I had picked up out of the three that were released.  I already had Riri Woo from the previous collection, and I really enjoy the colour, especially since it makes my teeth look whiter!  


I think the packaging would be prettier if the whole bullet was in the white, but that's just me.  Bad Girl Riri on the left and Pleasure Bomb on the right.  Sorry about the lighting.  Bad photography day.  I'm still learning!


So, Pleasure Bomb is a clear favourite - I'm learning to enjoy mattes!  I was a bit hesitant with Bad Girl Riri at first, but I had seen it on several Korean blogs, and I liked how it looked on them, so I decided, what the who and just went for it.  I like it - but I think I'll wait until the weather cools down before busting it out into regular rotation.


I also picked up some permanent products prior to the sales, so I could use my Myer gift cards.  Blush, bronzer and highlight.


This is the blush in Style


Its showing up super orange in the photo, but its actually more peachy than flat out orange.


Swatch!  Its a frost finish, and you can see there's a hint of a golden sheen.  I've been using it for about 2 weeks, and I've really been liking it for this summer. 


Here we have the Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle.


I've seen this used by many a Youtube guru, and I finally learnt how to make the most of it at the store.  It IS as wonderful as they all say it is, and a wonderful highlight in just the right amounts.  


I put a little on the nose, and on the top of my cheek bones.  It makes a world of difference.  There's so much product, I'll probably never run out.  


Another Mineralize Skinfinish, this time in Give Me Sun.


I really like this bronzer for contouring.  Thank you MAC girl for showing me how!  I use the figure 3 motion to apply the bronzer.  I don't go heavy on the bronzer, as I'm still new to the whole contour business, and I don't think I'd really suit the super contoured look some girls like.  


Next up are my new Shu Uemura lipsticks.  They had put these up with sales prices during the last few hours of Christmas Eve.  Luckily, I had picked up these when I did, because when I went back on Friday, the colours that I had picked up were gone!


The tubes are kinda futuristic looking...


Shu Uemura numbers their lipsticks, and only seem to give them a name when they're part of a limited collection.  I picked up SSPK 340, SSWN 298, SSP 345 and SSRD 185.


Swatched.  I really like the lipsticks - they've got a nice formula, and they're all really wearable colours.  They are quite sheer in comparison to some other brands, but I think that's part of the charm.  


Finally, I picked up 2 bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 8.0 palettes.  Each one was $26.95, and an absolute steal, considering that an eyeshadow duo can set you back some $30+.  There is the Finer Things palette, and the Star Treatment palette.


Each palette comes with a tiny Prime Time eyelid primer.  It is really tiny!  I've never tried their primer before, so I'm interested to see how it holds up!


This is The Finer Things palette.  
Top Row: Penthouse, Custom Made, Chateau, Truffle
Bottom Row: First Class, Upgrade, Five Star and Private Isle


I like Custom Made the best.  So pretty!!!


I like all the colours, but I don't really know about Private Isle.  I've never really been one for blue shadows.  But I'm going to explore it in 2014!



The Star Treatment is great for people like me who love the shimmer.  They all shimmer/have glitter particles in them.  
Top Row: VIP, Connoisseur, Carte Blanche, Ritzy
Bottom Row: Kudos, Bragging Rights, Elitist, Extravagance


You can see that although VIP has a matte base, it does have a lot of glitter.  And the gold of Connoisseur is really something.  


The colours of this really remind me of Autumn, for some reason.  Don't the colours look like autumn leaves?  Amazing pigmentation.

So, that's my beauty haul from the Boxing Day sales.  I did pick up a lot of work clothes that were on sale as well, but that's not really too interesting.  Just dress shirts and things like that.  

So that brings me to the end of my shopping for 2013.  I'll remember it as the year that I really experimented with makeup, and the colours of orange and burgundy emblazoned throughout the seasons.  Its been fun!  I think I'll compile a list of my favourite items for 2013, and a review of the things I've picked up during hauls.  Coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment