Thursday 26 December 2013

Collection: Missha, Innisfree and Sigma - the Last of Black Friday

I have come back from the Boxing Day sales... and there really wasn't much that I wanted, and I definitely came under budget.  Which is good, but still kind of disappointing.  I did get what I set out for, which is the Riri holiday stuff, which was released in stores today (Perth is super behind), and a few other things.  Oh well... 

Here I bring you the last of my Black Friday Haulage - I've decided to combine Sigma, Missha and Innisfree, and get it over and done with.  Otherwise we'd go on forever!  


Here's the box from Sigma - it took about 3 weeks with standard international delivery.  


The first thing I picked up was the Mr Bunny brush set, which comes with a holder... that I don't use.  I have it stored in a cupboard.  Last year, I had bought the Mrs Bunny set, which has a baby blue handle and pink metal detail.  I really liked it, so I had been waiting all year for the Black Friday sale - just for the free shipping.  The thing I like about the Bunny set is that the tips of the brushes are white, so you can tell just how dirty they are.  The makeup does not stain the white part, so after a good cleaning, they're white again!


Next up is this flat angled kabuki brush.  I use it for foundation, and I like it so far!  Its very soft, and covers a bigger area than my Tony Moly brush.  They both work well, so I'll be using them interchangeably for my makeup.


Finally, the last thing I ordered was this eyeshadow base kit in Dare.  It comes with 3 bases, in neutral colours, and a brush.  So pretty!


As a free gift with purchase, they threw in this little mini blending brush.  Its flatter than the ones that come in the brush sets, but very cute and will come in handy!



Let's move on to Korean Cosmetics now - starting with Missha.  They released the above as part of the 2013 Fall/Winter Collection, and BoA looked so pretty in the adverts!  Isn't the box just so pretty?  I have a long history with Missha, from when I was in high school until now.  The brand will always have a special place in my heart.


Anyway ~ there are two colour sets, and I got the Mysterious Aura Trio.  Isn't it pretty?  I really like the red packaging.  It contains a Crystal Nail Polish in Nude Sand, a Signature Velvet Art Shadow in 17 Cranberry Combination and Signature Glam Art Rouge in SPK108.  

So pretty!  I liked this set better than the other one, which featured a blue shadow.  I like wearing blue clothes, but not really on my eyes.


For comparisons sake, here is the collection with the permanent versions of the packaging.  Its exactly the same design, just red!

Here's the lipstick - a very nice pink.  On my lips, it actual shows up as more of a nude pink.  It works well with the eyeshadow palette.


A close up of the palette - can you see why I wanted this one?  That red is beautiful!  The other colours are really pretty too. 


The three colours in the top left corner (on the left here) are to be used as a highlight, the orange as an all over colour, the cranberry as a point, and the deep colour on the right as a liner.  Of course, that's just a guide, and rules are meant to be broken.  The shadows are quite good in terms of pigmentation, and will last well throughout the day with a good primer.  For me, good wear is 8 - 9 hours.  I really this little pallet, and its a great size to pop in your bag and go.  It does come with a tiny sponge applicator as well, if you like using those things.

\

Here is the Innisfree Eco Fruits Tint in 01 Cherry.  I like these tints - at first, I was very skeptical of tints, because for me, Benefit's Benetint is a huge fail.  Its just too runny and pale? to leave any hints of colour.  However, I do love all the Korean tints that I've tried.  This one included.


Favourite kind of lip applicator


So, on my lips, its a really nice 'I've been eating black cherries all day' stain.  It kind of smells like cherries as well.  I like the colour a lot, and its the first time I've tried a tint in such a deep colour.  I'd definitely be interested in picking up a few more from the range.


Final product is this No-Sebum Mineral Powder.  A loose, translucent powder to set your makeup.  I've heard mixed reviews about this one, but since it was pretty inexpensive, I decided to give it a try.  It works relatively well, although after around the 5-6 hour mark, I needed to blot.  Still, I'd say that's pretty good!  It comes with a little pad, but I tip a little into the lid and use a powder brush to sweep the product over my face.  

So, that brings us to the end of the Black Friday haulage.  Crazy amount of stuff, right?  I'm having a lot of fun trying them all out, and switching some items into my daily routine.  Next up will be my Boxing Day haul, and maybe my 2013 favourite items?  I'm also considering a post on all my face products - foundations and BB creams, for comparisons sake.  I might have to wait until my skin calms down though, because it is not very happy that it has to experience sunlight. I can't wait for Autumn!



No comments:

Post a Comment