Friday 5 July 2013

Collection: Birthday Presents - To Me, From Me, with Love (Part 1)

I recently celebrated my birthday, and whilst I feel that I am definitely too old to warrant gifts from others, I can most certainly receive gifts from myself. 


Always on the hunt for reasonable shipping on Korean cosmetics... but in this case I was on the hunt for the Bioderma cleansing water.  I love my Face Shop one, but I wanted to try the Bioderma one.  I think I saw it on Get it Beauty, and some Youtube videos.  Actually, I bought 3 cleansing waters, a pore cleansing cream and a BB from Missha.  It arrived today, the same day I went to Priceline and grabbed some Rimmel items, one because I forgot to bring my lipstick and I had drinks after work, and two - 50% off all Rimmel lines!


Nicely bubble wrapped - it would have been terrible if anything had broke - especially since its all liquid!



I'll use the Face Shop one before cracking into the others.  The Missha BB cream is in #21.  I had bought #23 in Korea, because in other lines I'm about a #23, but it was far too dark for me.  A lot of Youtube people claim they were a #23... so they must be really tan without the lighting, because it was ridiculously dark on me.  I feel the #21 is also a bit dark on my hand, but will see.  Otherwise I'll give this one away too. 



I picked this one up, because my other one broke, and also, this is probably my favourite drugstore eyeshadow quad.  I love it so much more than my Revlon quad, and recently rediscovered it when reorganising and throwing out old stuff.  I'm still using what's left of the broken one, but since it was 50% off, I decided to get another one.  The colour is 002 English Oak, and its nice shimmery neutrals, and is a good go-to product.  I have tried other Rimmel eyeshadows, but I don't like them as much as this one.


Less than $5.00!  Loose powder that gives a semi-matte finish.  I've been interested in trying a loose powder  (I have the Lyramoa loose powder, but sometimes do not want the moist feeling), so why not?  Its in the "colour" 001 Transparent.  


I also bought another Stay Matte powder.  I've been using it everyday since I've bought it, and really liking it.  My manager ensures me that I don't look greasy at all, and it hasn't caused any breakouts!  I generally have fairly good skin, but it does get the occasional breakout every few months, and with the wrong product.  Like the first time I tried the MAC blot powder.  That was an interesting experience!  My skin did adapt, but I'm really pleased with this one.  Affordable and a good everyday product.  


Only Rimmel was 50% hahaha.  This is the Apocalips Lip Laquer that I bought as my lip replacement.  The applicator and consistency aren't really in my favour, but the colour is good.  I think would prefer it if the applicator was the bent shape that you can find in some lip glosses... but that might be just me.  

I also bought some boots - we went during our lunch break and when we came back the things from Yesstyle were sitting on my desk!  But I had to leave them in the office because there was no way I was going to carry them home with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment