Tuesday 2 April 2013

Out and About: COEX - Aquarium & Shopping


My cousin bought some magazines for me to browse.  I'm pretty sure I have the Aussie version of that Instyle magazine, but the Korean version is much thicker.  More articles, more ads, and free gifts.  


The last time I was in Seoul, they didn't have these sliding door things in the subway.  They also didn't have the 5만원 note.  How times have changed!  

So, on Monday, I decided to head down to COEX to see the aquarium.  Yes, it is on the other side of the city, but I might as well go when I have plenty of free time, rather than rush it in the end.  It is a big place!



My first time trying Starbucks.  I can't say my mind was blown.  I had a green tea latte and a sandwich.  I really don't understand why its so popular.  


It took me a while to find.  I can barely find my way around Perth. I'm not going to be able to find anything in Seoul.  I like the sign.  Very cute.  The entrance is a fish tank as well!

Meet the fish! 




I have no idea why there are squirrels in an aquarium.  But they're so adorable, I don't care!





Another kind of squirrel... 



I don't think prairie dogs live in the sea either.  But also very cute and I've never seen them before so it was good!  Like oversized rodents with tiny tails.


Post boxes are no longer just boxes anymore



Nooooo!  They were asleep!


So were the beavers.  I must say, they look nothing like I imagined.  Cartoons have warped my sense of reality.








Hahahaha - it says 'Do I still look like a side dish?'  I never knew they were that big when they were alive.  They sure do shrink up a lot. 




Touch pool was kind of disappointing.  Just oodles of starfish.  It felt really rough.



After the aquarium, I hit the shops!  Aritaum, Skin Food, Nature Republic, Hyundai Department Store, some other beauty store and the book store.  Did quite some damage to the old card.  Was quite difficult to lug it all back home, but I did it.


Love the samples!  The girls at Skin Food were quite generous!  Added to the box.


No comments:

Post a Comment