Sunday 7 April 2013

Out and About: D Cube City and Around the Neighbourhood

Seoul had a miserable Saturday yesterday.  Nonstop heavy rain, cold and windy.  Unfortunately, that was the day I had decided to catch up with my friend and her sister!  We still managed to do quite a bit, got my hair cut (a lot.  a good 15 - 20 cm.  They were all shocked that I wanted that much gone, but it was hair I could afford to lose, and its still quite long now.), also got my fortune told for the first time, lunch, tea and wine.  Did call it an early night though, because the weather was just too ridiculous to go anywhere or do anything.  No pictures because the weather was that bad.

Today was a completely different story.  Clear skies, sun shining, great temperature.  So I went out.  I think it would be a waste of a month if I stayed in the house all the time!  There was a day I was just too tired to go out, but for the most part, I have tried to make an effort in going somewhere, even for just a few hours, if not to shop, to people watch.  Today I shopped.  

D Cube City is located at 신도림역 Shindorim Station, and its on the green subway.  If you exit at gate 1, its right there.  If you go the other way at exit 2, you will end up at a place called Techno Mart.  I did stop at Techno Mart, just so I could go to Kosney.  Love my cutesy stuff!  I got a new casual purse, a card holder, toys, stickers and cooking items.  Let's take a look.





The last time I was in Seoul, I liked going to a place called dcx.  That closed down, and this place and Artbox look like they are to become my replacements.



So lovely!


The panda one you are guaranteed a panda, its just in a random pose.  The rabbit one you can receive a random pet. 



I got a marmot!  I honestly thought it was a hamster.  What is a marmot?


Its like having your own zoo!


 

A pretty colour for spring.. even though it will be Autumn when I get back to Australia.  Oh well.


A slimmer card case.  Still like the one I have, but this is way less bulky.


I am a woman with blood type B.  Oddly, the personality traits associated with this blood type matches me almost perfectly.  Its uncanny.



You can bake your own Kitty cookie!  If only I baked!  I will start baking!


Such a dangerous sign.



If you head out this way you can go to the park.  


MUJI!  Love it.  I really like the acrylic containers.  I got 3.  I may get more in the future.  Would love a Muji store Down Under.  Affordable and great quality.  Of course, if brought to Australia it would probably cost 3 times as much!

D Cube City is the home of... Pororo!  I love Pororo!  Its such a shame I didn't have a child with me, so I didn't go inside.  Would have loved to... but I looked on from afar.



Look at the joy on that face!


Sit with Pororo! 



Loopy's Cake House.  Petty has an ice cream shop.





I want that jumper!  But its their uniform.

Now on to some photos from the area I'm staying in. 


The number of pigeons near the train station is phenomenal.  


Public exercise area.


This place sells kimbap and spaghetti.  This makes no sense.


So beautiful!  Can't wait for all the trees to start sprouting their flowers.  This is the first one I've seen in full bloom.


The local stream.





No comments:

Post a Comment