Saturday 2 March 2013

Collection: MAC Archie's Girls

Like a million other blogs - I have some of the items from the MAC Archie's Girls Collection.  Of late, I have come to appreciate the quality of MAC Cosmetics.  Best of all, no bad skin reactions anymore (when I first tried the blot powder my skin went crazy!  But my skin has adapted now, and I like it).

Archie and the Betty and Veronica comics were among the only comic books I have ever read (I do still read Korean manhwa and Japanese manga but English comic books... not so much.  Sometimes the comic strips in the paper... but that's about it)... and when I saw the collection online - like many other people - it was about remembering your childhood.  I was waiting and waiting to see the collection in person.


(I do not recall Archie having so many piercings... I don't think guys did that sort of thing in the times that the comics were set in... but new modern twist?)

The girls at the department stores in Perth had originally advised that the line would be hitting Australia (or Perth at least) on March 4.  However, Myer in the city had gotten them in and on display a week earlier!  Luckily, during my lunch break, I had decided to go down and have a look on the second day (Tuesday) they had gotten them in.  I instantly picked out the items that I had kept my eyes on and asked them to hold them for me until the next day - because my 10% off voucher didn't kick in until the next day.  Just as well that I did, because these items were sold out at the Myer City within 3 days.  The items that I had originally bought were the lipsticks in Betty Bright and Daddy's Little Girl, the eyeshadow quad in Caramel Sundae, the face powder in Flatter Me and the blush in Cream Soda.  Incidentally, the most popular items in the collection.  By Friday lunch time, all gone!!!


Cream Soda - so pretty!  It reminds me of my Face Shop blush in Vivid Peach - but the Face Shop blush is a tad brighter.  But I love it!


Flatter Me - I don't really have a highlighter so I thought this would be nice way to start off.  And if I didn't like using it as a highlighter, it would be a nice blush.


Daddy's Little Girl and Betty Bright - when I had originally heard of the collection, I had thought I would like the Veronica side of things more.  I was surprised to find I was more a Betty!  I love colours that are peachy, so of course Betty Bright was an obvious choice, but I am trying to branch out in my colour schemes, so I decided to try Daddy's Little Girl.  


Caramel Sundae - nice and neutral, just the way I like it.  

Afterwards, I was thinking about it, and I did like the look of the Prom Princess blush.  I definitely don't have another blush like it.  So I went back on Friday to find most of the collection gone - and only one Prom Princess blush left!  Mine Mine MINE!  I also got Veronica's Blush... also the last one!  There was something oddly satisfying about seeing the sold out sticker go on after my purchases.


I really like the packaging!  So cute!


This looks more highlighting than Flatter me.  



Ok.  This is absolutely the last beauty purchase before Seoul - March 28!!!  Last day of work and off I go! Still deciding whether I want to go through Hong Kong (more interesting, but slightly more expensive) or Malaysia (cheaper... but not so interesting.)  I'm also trying to find out if I can get a few extra days of leave.  We have another public holiday in the week that I return so... it would be nice.  I already have a list of things I want to do - will do! - and although I had thought about going to Japan for a couple days in between, I think I'll have to give it a miss this time.  Counting down the days!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment