Sunday 4 May 2014

Collection: Banila Co Haulin' with Gmarket

Greetings!  I am back with more good stuff from the mother land and today is going to be about my things from Banila Co.  The face of Banila Co is currently Jessica from Girls Generation, who I think has been there for the past two years?  At any rate, I really like the brand, and again they carry some fantastic products.  I really like them for their makeup base products, and their Radiant Foundation is pretty good too!  I really wish I could have ordered it, but in my efforts to minimise the number of deliveries, the store I had ordered my Banila Co products from did not have any in stock.  But I still have a few samples, and sometimes I just enjoy wearing the CC cream with a translucent powder.  But I really want that foundation.  Banila Beige.  Just wait!


Before we start, look at some of the deluxe sample boxes!  


Each month, some of the road shop brands, in addition to your normal samples, will provide you with a special gift with purchase over certain amounts - usually set at 30000W, 50000W and 80000W, but it can vary.  I like these sets because you can try several of the products in a specific line and see what you like, rather than the usual two - toner and lotion. I think last year when I was actually over there, I got a stuffed cat from Holika Holika, a few pens, a towel, makeup cases... all sorts of things.  Also, if you want more samples, don't shop on their sale days - you will get a discount on their products, but less samples.  Really, sale days don't really affect my purchase habits, unless there are skin care items that I'm after.


This haul isn't too exciting I suppose in comparison to the other products that I've hauled, but I'm pretty excited.  I have the Clean It Zero cleansing balm, two of the Prime Primers in Classic Matte and Classic, and finally, the Prime Primer Finish Powder.  The actual packaging is a bit plain too - but these are such great products, I'm willing to let it slide.


I received a sample of the Cleansing Balm in one of my W2Beauty orders, and I really enjoyed using it.  So much so, that I went ahead and ordered the jumbo 180mL size.  For me, what I use before a cleansing foam really varies on how I feel each day.  Some days I will use an oil, other days a cleansing water, and now I can add a balm to the mix.  It helps that I think it smells nice.  So yes, the product I use prior to cleansing foam will be up to what I feel like doing on the day, and I will use the same foam product until it is empty.  Right now I'm using the Skin Food Aloe Vera Cleansing foam, which I really like.  

I really like the Prime Primers from Banila Co - by far my favourite face primer.  I would say holy grail status.  I've tried both this and the balm type, and I enjoy both.  They just let your makeup wear so nicely, and just provides a great base in general.  It is slightly pricier in comparison to other brands that offer primers, but I honestly think that this is worth your money.  A tiny bit goes a long way and it performs time and time again.  I am excited to try the Matte version, as it may help to control oil even more.

The final product is the Finish Powder.  This is just a loose, translucent powder, but I was interested to see how it would perform, knowing that I already adore the Prime Primer line.  I love my Innisfree powder, but its always good to mix things up from time to time, and I don't want to get too used to a product, as sometimes it feels like its less effective.  And its always good to have options.  Very important!  Diversify your stock... of makeup.

They provided me with over 10 samples of the CC cream, which was kind of disappointing as I already own this from last year.  I mean, I love the product but it would have been nice to try something new.  They'll be distributed to friends.  I believe in sharing the love!  I wish they gave me more foundation samples though.  Oh well.  That brings us to the end of my Banila Co Haul, which was the smallest brand haul, but by no means the least.  I'll back soon with more soon.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment