Wednesday 30 October 2013

Collection: NARS Guy Bourdin


So... the Guy Bourdin collection was just released in Australia.... so I thought I would head over to Mecca Cosmetica (conveniently located behind my office building), and check out a few things.  I really enjoy the previous palette I had bought from NARS, so I was definitely interested in trying some of their other items.


An overview: Lip Pencil Set, Blush Palettes, Lipstick and a sharpener.  I am forever losing my sharpeners.  I thought if I bought one that was a few dollars more than the ones I usually buy, then I might look after it better.


The lip pencil set comes with 5 pencils and a cute make up pouch.  New Lover, Cruella, Sex Machine, Never Say Never and Dolce Vita.  I believe they're minis, but that's great, because you get to try different colours, and we all know I have too many lipsticks anyway.  


A close up of the pencil.  So cute, and a convenient carry size.  The only downside is that you need a sharpener.  I have noticed though, that sometimes you get less product in windup products.  Which do you sacrifice?  Convenience or product?


Little swatches - as you can see, they're all matte bar the first one, New Lover.  All colours that I will generally gravitate towards anyway, and New Lover kind of reminds me of the Revlon lipstick I really liked before they discontinued the line.


Here are the limited edition blush palettes - Adult Content and Killing Me Softly.  These aren't part of the Guy Bourdin collection, but I have had my eye on them for a while.  They only had one of each palette left!  So I decided to get both.


I do like packaging!


This is the blush palette in Killing Me Softly.  It contains Gilda, Albatross, the famous Orgasm and Outlaw.  I have wanted Orgasm for the longest time.... and its finally mine!  Just in time for the warmer months!


Adult Content contains Zen, Miss Liberty, Deep Throat (I love this blush - in the previous palette I picked up), and Desire.  Again, its great to try multiple shades in one palette, and I believe they're all permanent colours, so if there is a particular favourite, I can pick up a full size.


Last thing I picked up was a lipstick from the collection - Short Circuit


Its an orange red - just in time for summer.  It already hit 36 degrees the other day....








No comments:

Post a Comment